* Does overlay driver work if built in to the kernel?
@ 2022-09-21  0:30 Keyon Jie
From: Keyon Jie @ 2022-09-21  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: miklos; +Cc: linux-unionfs, keyon.jie

Hi all,

I am new to the overlayfs, I am hitting issues to make kernel modules
work in a container environment where the Kubernetes feature really need
the overlayfs support.

I figured out to make overlay driver built-in to the VM kernel (and then
shared to the container), but looks like the Kubernetes always fail when
trying to create overlayfs mounts, with errors like 'permission denied'.

I am seeing that overlay driver is released with modular
(CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS=m) in most (not sure if it is all) Linux
distributions, so I am wondering if the overlay driver work when built
in to the kernel?

Thanks,

~Keyon