* kvm-unit-tests for arm are broken with GCC 9.1 on Fedora 30
@ 2019-07-30 11:52 Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2019-07-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm, Paolo Bonzini, Andrew Jones; +Cc: Cole Robinson

 Hi all,

I recently noticed that the current kvm-unit-tests are failing on ARM in
the gitlab CI:

 https://gitlab.com/huth/kvm-unit-tests/-/jobs/251480671

This still used to work fine a month ago:

 https://gitlab.com/huth/kvm-unit-tests/-/jobs/231667434

After some trial and error, I discovered that the Fedora folks updated
the "gcc-arm-linux-gnu" package from version 8.2 to 9.1 in F30 recently.
If I force it back to 8.2, the kvm-unit-tests work fine again:

 https://gitlab.com/huth/kvm-unit-tests/-/jobs/262134101

So the kvm-unit-tests do not work with GCC 9 on ARM anymore. Does
anybody have a clue what might be wrong here now?

 Thomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-30 11:52 UTC | newest]