* master / mimic-dev1 deb build broken on ceph/ceph-ci
@ 2018-01-04 13:37 kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2018-01-04 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Esoteric Order of the Squid Cybernetic

hi guys,

as you may notice that we recently switched our toolchain on xenial to
gcc-7. to enable the built executables to run on old systems without
the new libstdc++ runtime, they should be linked against libstdc++
statically. but the master and mimic-dev1 branches fail to do so.
that's why the built packages will refuse to install with error
messages like:

ceph-test : Depends: libradosstriper1 but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 6) but 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5 is
to be installed

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19763 is posted to address this
issue. but before it is merged, please include it for testing your
debian packages in sepia.

the centos-7 build is not impacted by this issue, as it use DTS-7, and
DTS-7's ld script links the stdc++_nonshared.a for us by default.

sorry for the inconvenience =(

--
Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: master / mimic-dev1 deb build broken on ceph/ceph-ci
@ 2018-01-04 14:30 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-01-04 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai; +Cc: The Esoteric Order of the Squid Cybernetic

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018, kefu chai wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> as you may notice that we recently switched our toolchain on xenial to
> gcc-7. to enable the built executables to run on old systems without
> the new libstdc++ runtime, they should be linked against libstdc++
> statically. but the master and mimic-dev1 branches fail to do so.
> that's why the built packages will refuse to install with error
> messages like:
>
> ceph-test : Depends: libradosstriper1 but it is not going to be installed
>              Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 6) but 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5 is
> to be installed
>

> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19763 is posted to address this
> issue. but before it is merged, please include it for testing your
> debian packages in sepia.
>
> the centos-7 build is not impacted by this issue, as it use DTS-7, and
> DTS-7's ld script links the stdc++_nonshared.a for us by default.
>
> sorry for the inconvenience =(

Thanks for sorting it out!

By the way, v13.0.1 is tagged and mimic-dev1 branch is merged into master
and removed.

Thanks, everyone!
sage

* Re: master / mimic-dev1 deb build broken on ceph/ceph-ci
@ 2018-02-01 11:09   ` Nathan Cutler
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2018-02-01 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil, kefu chai; +Cc: The Esoteric Order of the Squid Cybernetic

> By the way, v13.0.1 is tagged and mimic-dev1 branch is merged into master
> and removed.

Hi Sage:

Are you sure v13.0.1 is tagged? I can not find the tag.

$ git describe ceph/master
v13.0.0-5254-g9401bba7a8

Thanks,
Nathan

* Re: master / mimic-dev1 deb build broken on ceph/ceph-ci
@ 2018-02-01 13:10     ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-02-01 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler; +Cc: kefu chai, The Esoteric Order of the Squid Cybernetic

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Nathan Cutler wrote:
> > By the way, v13.0.1 is tagged and mimic-dev1 branch is merged into master
> > and removed.
>
> Hi Sage:
>
> Are you sure v13.0.1 is tagged? I can not find the tag.
>
> $ git describe ceph/master
> v13.0.0-5254-g9401bba7a8

Sigh.. I had it tagged but didn't use -a (so it wasn't used by git
describe) and apparently didn't push it either. It's there now!

sage