* Re: Request to create a draft repo for Windows DPDK Patches
       [not found] <DM5PR2101MB10146A9C13BEA6E1CCF2AA7CB4CB0@DM5PR2101MB1014.namprd21.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2018-02-19 18:02 ` Jason Messer
From: Jason Messer @ 2018-02-19 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Kappler, Elizabeth M, Omar Cardona, techboard

Resending on dev alias

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Messer
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 10:52 AM
To: users@dpdk.org
Cc: Kappler, Elizabeth M <elizabeth.m.kappler@intel.com>; Omar Cardona <ocardona@microsoft.com>; techboard@dpdk.org
Subject: Request to create a draft repo for Windows DPDK Patches

Hello -

As we reported at the DPDK Summit in November, we have brought support for several of the DPDK core libraries as well as a UIO driver for use on Windows. While there is still work to do (outlined below) we are requesting a draft repo be created to continue this work more openly in the community and to provide a forum to address any technical concerns.

We expect the initial commit for this draft repo (branch tentatively named windpdk-v17.11-rc2) to include the following libraries.
- librte_bus_pci
- librte_cmdline
- librte_distributor
- librte_eal
- librte_ether
- librte_hash
- librte_kvargs
- librte_lpm
- librte_mbuf
- librte_mempool
- librte_mempool_ring
- librte_pci
- librte_pmd_i40e (Intel PMD for Fortville NICs)
- librte_ring

Additionally, these two toy applications are building and running correctly:
- l2fwd
- l3fwd

Note: code is currently based on v17.11 release but we plan to quickly rebase so that we are current with the latest 18.02 release and eventually in-sync with upstream.

Outstanding Issues:
- Confirm DPDK libraries and UIO driver build correctly with Clang on windows
- Update Visual Studio projects / solutions to reference clang compiler (currently expects ICC)
- [Tangential] Make DPDK C-Standards Compliant to not require specific GNU/GCC extensions
- Clean-up code and refactor to remove as many #ifdefs as possible
- Bring remaining DPDK core libraries to Windows and confirm
- Integrate with Meson build tool suite

Thanks,
Jason

* [dpdk-announce] git repository for DPDK on Windows
@ 2018-02-28 20:08   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-02-28 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: Jason Messer, Omar Cardona

According to the Technical Board approval today,
the repository to prepare the port of DPDK to Microsoft Windows
is open on dpdk.org:
	http://dpdk.org/browse/draft/dpdk-draft-windows/

The maintainer of this repository is Jason Messer.

Good luck for the next steps of this major work!

19/02/2018 19:02, Jason Messer: