* Re: Contributing Linux on Power test results to KCIDB
       [not found] ` <aaaa8f94-d901-500f-338d-a39ea8e350eb@gmail.com>
@ 2023-03-22 13:07   ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2023-03-22 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spbnick, sachinp; +Cc: misbahanjumn, kernelci

+kernelci@lists.linux.dev

Please use the new list, kernelci@groups.io is now closed.

Guillaume

@ 2023-03-24  8:24   ` Sachin Sant
From: Sachin Sant @ 2023-03-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci, misbahanjumn, kernelci

> On 22-Mar-2023, at 12:40 AM, Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Sachin,
>
> We would love to have your data in KCIDB!
>
> You can start with reading our Submitter Guide:
>
> https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/submitter_guide/

Thank you for the pointer. I will review this information.

> Then decide and tell us what the "origin" of your CI system should be, so that we could identify it in the database, dashboards, and notifications.

Is there any consideration for the "origin" string?  Any unique value would suffice?

> After that I'll send you credentials with permissions to submit to our "playground" database, so that you could experiment and build up your data and submission system iteratively and interactively. Once that is done, we would give you permissions to submit to our "production" database.
>
> Don't hesitate to send any question you might have to this maillist, or to our #kernelci IRC channel on libera.chat. If you need more help, we could arrange a video call as well.

Thanks for the help. I will reach out via the mentioned channels for any follow-up questions.

- Sachin

* Re: Contributing Linux on Power test results to KCIDB
@ 2023-03-24  8:30     ` Sachin Sant
From: Sachin Sant @ 2023-03-24  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillaume Tucker; +Cc: Nikolai Kondrashov, misbahanjumn, kernelci

> On 22-Mar-2023, at 6:37 PM, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@collabora.com> wrote:
>
> +kernelci@lists.linux.dev
>
> Please use the new list, kernelci@groups.io is now closed.

Thanks for the information. I was not aware of it.
kernelci@groups.io email was mentioned on the KCIDB dashboard. I used the same.

I submitted a pull request against kcidb-grafana GitHub project to update the same.

- Sachin

* Re: Contributing Linux on Power test results to KCIDB
@ 2023-03-24  9:54     ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2023-03-24  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Sant; +Cc: kernelci, misbahanjumn, kernelci

On 3/24/23 10:24, Sachin Sant wrote:
>> Then decide and tell us what the "origin" of your CI system should be, so that we could identify it in the database, dashboards, and notifications.
>
> Is there any consideration for the "origin" string?  Any unique value would suffice?

It must match the "[a-z0-9_]+" regular expression, and be something that
people would easily associate with your CI system. E.g. something you could
say at a conference and be understood.

Nick

@ 2023-04-03  9:43   ` Sachin Sant
From: Sachin Sant @ 2023-04-03  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: misbahanjumn, kernelci

> On 22-Mar-2023, at 12:40 AM, Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Sachin,
>
> We would love to have your data in KCIDB!
>
> You can start with reading our Submitter Guide:
>
> https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/submitter_guide/
>
> Then decide and tell us what the "origin" of your CI system should be, so that we could identify it in the database, dashboards, and notifications.

The value to be used for "origin” is “ibm”. This will be used to identify Linux on Power test results.

- Sachin

* Re: Contributing Linux on Power test results to KCIDB
@ 2023-04-03 10:03     ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2023-04-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Sant; +Cc: misbahanjumn, kernelci

On 4/3/23 12:43, Sachin Sant wrote:

>> On 22-Mar-2023, at 12:40 AM, Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Sachin,
>>
>> We would love to have your data in KCIDB!
>>
>> You can start with reading our Submitter Guide:
>>
>> https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/submitter_guide/
>>
>> Then decide and tell us what the "origin" of your CI system should be, so that we could identify it in the database, dashboards, and notifications.
>
> The value to be used for "origin” is “ibm”. This will be used to identify Linux on Power test results.

Sounds good! I just sent you the credentials with permissions to submit to our
"playground" setup. Once you got that going nicely and reliably, I'll add the
permissions for our "production".

Have fun, and don't hesitate to reach out with questions, suggestions, or patches!
Nick