* Intel 2011Q1 release
@ 2011-04-15  0:25 Jin, Gordon
From: Jin, Gordon @ 2011-04-15  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx, xorg

Hi,

We'd like to announce Intel 2011Q1 graphics package, with bug fixes as usual, and improved support for Sandy Bridge.

Please check http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2011Q1.html for the recommended stack, new features and known issues.

Thanks community for helping improving the drivers. If you find any new issues, please file bugs referring to http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html.

Please also let us know your suggestions for how the website could be improved.

Thanks
Gordon
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* suggestions for Web site (was: Intel 2011Q1 release)
@ 2011-04-15 10:40 ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2011-04-15 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Dear Gordon,

Am Freitag, den 15.04.2011, 08:25 +0800 schrieb Jin, Gordon:

> We'd like to announce Intel 2011Q1 graphics package, with bug fixes as usual, and improved support for Sandy Bridge.

[…]

> Please also let us know your suggestions for how the website could be improved.

1. <http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2011Q1.html>
a) Under »components« I found it confusing that clicking on the link a
download is started especially because of the word release. Maybe put
there two links. The first one could link to the announcement and the
second, for example named »download«, to the tarball.
b) Under »support discontinued« I find it confusing that it still says
»XvMC is disabled on 915G/GM for KMS: bug#23012.«, since that has been
the way since over a year?. I suggest to either drop it or add »since
2010Q1(?) release«.

2. <http://intellinuxgraphics.org/vaapi.html>
a) Use full stops at the end of sentences.
b) In the table it is not clear for me, if the hardware does not support
that feature or it has just not been yet implemented in the software
stack/driver. It would be great to clarify this by for example »not
supported by hardware« and »not implemented«.

Thanks,

Paul

* Re: suggestions for Web site (was: Intel 2011Q1 release)
@ 2011-04-19  1:56   ` Lan, Hai
From: Lan, Hai @ 2011-04-19  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Menzel; +Cc: intel-gfx

Dear Paul,
Thanks for your suggestion. http://intellinuxgraphics.org/vaapi.html has been updated.

Hai Lan

@ 2011-04-19 14:44     ` Sergio Monteiro Basto
From: Sergio Monteiro Basto @ 2011-04-19 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lan, Hai; +Cc: intel-gfx, Paul Menzel

my dell Latitude E6410
with an arrandale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrandale
seems to be a Intel® HD Graphics , is eligible for use vaapi ?

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 09:56 +0800, Lan, Hai wrote:
> Dear Paul,
> Thanks for your suggestion. http://intellinuxgraphics.org/vaapi.html has been updated.
>
> Hai Lan

Sérgio M. B.

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3309 bytes --]

* Re: suggestions for Web site (was: Intel 2011Q1 release)
@ 2011-04-19 14:59       ` Lan, Hai
From: Lan, Hai @ 2011-04-19 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Monteiro Basto; +Cc: intel-gfx, Paul Menzel

Yes, I think so if there is no discrete graphics card in your machine.

Hai Lan