* Anybody else getting unsubscribed from the list?
@ 2021-10-14 14:18 Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2021-10-14 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: David Miller

I was trying to catchup with the list and i noticed I
have stopped receiving emails since the 11th. I am leaning
towards my account being unsubscribed given i had to
resubscribe last time.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
And, yes - ive checked all of spam...

Who owns the management of the list these days so i can
reach out to them?

cheers,
jamal

* Re: Anybody else getting unsubscribed from the list?
@ 2021-10-14 14:37 ` Willy Tarreau
From: Willy Tarreau @ 2021-10-14 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamal Hadi Salim; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

Hi Jamal,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 10:18:12AM -0400, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> I was trying to catchup with the list and i noticed I
> have stopped receiving emails since the 11th. I am leaning
> towards my account being unsubscribed given i had to
> resubscribe last time.
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

No (not yet at least), I received your message via the list. Maybe
your domain or server has been bouncing for some time ? It used to
happen to me many years ago and got unsubscribed from a few of the
lists a few times due to long outages on my side.

Willy

* Re: Anybody else getting unsubscribed from the list?
@ 2021-10-14 14:43 ` Stephen Suryaputra
From: Stephen Suryaputra @ 2021-10-14 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamal Hadi Salim; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

+1. Had to re-subscribe.

@ 2021-10-14 14:49   ` Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2021-10-14 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willy Tarreau; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

On 2021-10-14 10:37, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Hi Jamal,
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 10:18:12AM -0400, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
>> I was trying to catchup with the list and i noticed I
>> have stopped receiving emails since the 11th. I am leaning
>> towards my account being unsubscribed given i had to
>> resubscribe last time.
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
>
> No (not yet at least), I received your message via the list. Maybe
> your domain or server has been bouncing for some time ? It used to
> happen to me many years ago and got unsubscribed from a few of the
> lists a few times due to long outages on my side.

I asked my colleagues and they have all been unsubscribed. So likely
a domain issue. We will resubscribe again.
Our domain runs off google, not sure what is going on there. This
has happened about 2 times in 3 months (and maybe once in 20 years
prior to that).

@ 2021-10-14 14:51   ` Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2021-10-14 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Suryaputra; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

On 2021-10-14 10:43, Stephen Suryaputra wrote:
> +1. Had to re-subscribe.

Thanks for confirming. Would be nice to be able maybe
to check somewhere when you suspect you are unsubscribed.
The mailing list is incredibly solid otherwise (amazing
spam filtering for one).

@ 2021-10-14 14:59     ` Stephen Suryaputra
From: Stephen Suryaputra @ 2021-10-14 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamal Hadi Salim; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

I believe it is around the 11th like what you experienced. I came to
realize when I thought that the 12th seems to be very quiet in term of
patches. I went to patchwork and saw that are patches on the day, so
I suspected that I've been unsubscribed.

I'm using gmail like you see, so not sure if there was a long outage for
gmail. Doubtful about gmail outage...

I didn't see any suspicious email around the 11th.

Regards,
Stephen.

@ 2021-10-14 15:17       ` Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2021-10-14 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Suryaputra; +Cc: netdev, David Miller

Ok, so common denominator seems to be google then...

Other than possibly an outage which would have affected
a large chunk of the list using gmail cant quiet explain it.

cheers,
jamal

@ 2021-10-14 18:27         ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2021-10-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamal Hadi Salim; +Cc: Stephen Suryaputra, netdev, David Miller

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 11:17:53 -0400 Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> Ok, so common denominator seems to be google then...
>
> Other than possibly an outage which would have affected
> a large chunk of the list using gmail cant quiet explain it.

This happens periodically with Gmail. Used to happen to me as well
and has not happened once since I moved to a professional email server.

You can try lei or l2md, no need to subscribe to get the email these
days:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dborkman/l2md.git/

https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/contributions/983/attachments/759/1421/Doing%20more%20with%20lore%20and%20b4.pdf (slide 24)

* Re: Anybody else getting unsubscribed from the list?
@ 2021-10-15  2:50         ` Benjamin Poirier
From: Benjamin Poirier @ 2021-10-15  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamal Hadi Salim; +Cc: Stephen Suryaputra, netdev, David Miller

On 2021-10-14 11:17 -0400, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> Ok, so common denominator seems to be google then...
>
> Other than possibly an outage which would have affected
> a large chunk of the list using gmail cant quiet explain it.

Happened to me too in the same time frame, also on gmail.

I think the last message I received before the drop was
<487fa811-5afb-e25f-4292-0771c67cc462@omp.ru>

In my case I haven't been dropped from the list since 2010.