* Old video cards donation
@ 2014-08-03 10:23 Arnaud Ruch
From: Arnaud Ruch @ 2014-08-03 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

Dear all,

I  have a few old video cards that I want to get rid of. I've been suggested
to check whether any nouveau developer would be interested in getting one of
them for development / testing purposes.

Here's the list :

* AGP 4x video card Creative Labs 3D Blaster NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (NV15) DDR
32 MB VGA output
* AGP 2x video card NVIDIA Riva TNT2 (NV5) SDR 32 MB VGA/TV output
* AGP ?? video card Siluro VGA/TV output (not sure this one still works)

Please contact me directly, should you be interested in any of those.

Kind regards,

Arnaud
PS: I'm resubmitting this message that I originally submitted from a wrong
E-mail address. My apologies to the moderators.

* Re: Old video cards donation
@ 2014-08-03 12:13 ` Marcin Kościelnicki
From: Marcin Kościelnicki @ 2014-08-03 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaud Ruch, nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On 03/08/14 12:23, Arnaud Ruch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I  have a few old video cards that I want to get rid of. I've been
> suggested to check whether any nouveau developer would be interested in
> getting one of them for development / testing purposes.
>
> Here's the list :
>
> * AGP 4x video card Creative Labs 3D Blaster NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (NV15)
> DDR 32 MB VGA output

Say, could I see a hi-res photo of that card? I'd be interested if it
has an MPEG decoder chip (such cards are hard to find and I'm not
entirely sure if they even exist or if they're some unreleased feature).

> * AGP 2x video card NVIDIA Riva TNT2 (NV5) SDR 32 MB VGA/TV output

Same thing here.

> * AGP ?? video card Siluro VGA/TV output (not sure this one still works)

I have no idea what that is :(

@ 2014-08-03 19:35   ` Arnaud Ruch
From: Arnaud Ruch @ 2014-08-03 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Kościelnicki; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

From: "Marcin Kościelnicki" <koriakin@0x04.net>
>> * AGP 4x video card Creative Labs 3D Blaster NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (NV15)
>> DDR 32 MB VGA output
>
> Say, could I see a hi-res photo of that card? I'd be interested if it has
> an MPEG decoder chip (such cards are hard to find and I'm not entirely
> sure if they even exist or if they're some unreleased feature).
>
>> * AGP 2x video card NVIDIA Riva TNT2 (NV5) SDR 32 MB VGA/TV output
>
> Same thing here.
>
>> * AGP ?? video card Siluro VGA/TV output (not sure this one still works)
>
> I have no idea what that is :(

Hi Martin,

I've taken a couple of pictures of the cards and shared them on :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8q1rcon5srs3l7/AACL1oe2-apeRGvkkG9lIwcwa. Btw,
the Siluro seems to be a GeForce 2 card :-)

Let me know if this gives you more information.

Kind regards

Arnaud

* Re: Old video cards donation
@ 2014-08-04 11:48     ` Marcin Kościelnicki
From: Marcin Kościelnicki @ 2014-08-04 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaud Ruch; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

On 03/08/14 21:35, Arnaud Ruch wrote:
> From: "Marcin Kościelnicki" <koriakin@0x04.net>
>>> * AGP 4x video card Creative Labs 3D Blaster NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (NV15)
>>> DDR 32 MB VGA output
>>
>> Say, could I see a hi-res photo of that card? I'd be interested if it
>> has an MPEG decoder chip (such cards are hard to find and I'm not
>> entirely sure if they even exist or if they're some unreleased feature).
>>
>>> * AGP 2x video card NVIDIA Riva TNT2 (NV5) SDR 32 MB VGA/TV output
>>
>> Same thing here.
>>
>>> * AGP ?? video card Siluro VGA/TV output (not sure this one still works)
>>
>> I have no idea what that is :(
>>

> Hi Martin,
>
> I've taken a couple of pictures of the cards and shared them on :
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8q1rcon5srs3l7/AACL1oe2-apeRGvkkG9lIwcwa.
> Btw, the Siluro seems to be a GeForce 2 card :-)
>
> Let me know if this gives you more information.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Arnaud

Yeah - no decoder chip :( and the TNT2 seems to be the 64-bit model
which I already have 5 of, not the rare 128-bit model. Thanks for the
offer though!