* MCAN Registers Discrepancy
@ 2017-06-28 21:49 Franklin S Cooper Jr
From: Franklin S Cooper Jr @ 2017-06-28 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-can, wg, mkl, b29396, socketcan

Hi,

When looking at the latest versions of the MCAN user manual it seems
that there is a discrepancy between the various BTR_XX_MASK and
BTR_XX_SHIFT values. For example BTR_TSEG2_MASK is set to 0xF and
BTR_TSEG2_SHIFT is 4. However, based on page 21 of the latest version of
the MCAN User Manual NTSEG2 starts at bit 0. Therefore, it should have a
shift value of 0. Also it is a 7 bit field so its mask should be 0x7F. I
see similar issues with FBTR_XXX_MASK values.

So the original driver mentioned it was based on rev version 3.1.0 of
the User Manual while the latest version publicly available is 3.2.12.
Since I don't see any current users of this driver in upstream I am
unsure if this is just a bug in the code or if the current values are
correct for older versions of the IP.

Does anyone have a copy of this older document available that they can
share? Or at the very least verify that the current values were correct
in older revisions of the MCAN IP? I need to make updates to the drivers
but I want to avoid breaking things for other people.

Latest version of the MCAN User Manual can be found at:
http://www.bosch-semiconductors.de/media/automotive_electronics/pdf_2/ipmodules_3/m_can_m_ttcan_1/mcan_users_manual_v3212.pdf