* [mlmmj] Errors on Cron job
@ 2017-01-26 17:31 Barco van Rhijn
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Barco van Rhijn @ 2017-01-26 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Good Evening,

Recently setup MLMMJ on a Centos server that has Cpanel installed.

*I get this error in my mail delivery log:*

"Child process of mlmmj_transport transport returned 127 (could mean
unable to exec or command does not exist) from command:
/usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive"

I checked the commands do not exist in this location
On Centos the commands are indeed located in /usr/bin/

So I've created a symbolic link for that file in the expected directory.

*This did sort of work but now I get an error :*
Child process of mlmmj_transport transport returned 1 from command:
/usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive

Any ideas how I could resolve this?

BTW: My Cron is executed as root and I've checked permissions to the
spool directory before hitting this roadblock.

Warm Regards
Barco van Rhijn

* Re: [mlmmj] Errors on Cron job
@ 2017-02-03 10:13 ` Ben Schmidt
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2017-02-03 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

My guess:

Mlmmj looks at the command used to invoke it to call other processes. It
requires the full path to be used. So you must use
/usr/bin/mlmmj-receive not just mlmmj-receive. It will then execute
other commands such as /usr/bin/mlmmj-sub and /usr/bin/mlmmj-send. If
you used a symlink, it could be that it can't find these other
executables unless you symlinked them all. I would suggest finding where
/usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive is being called by script or your mail
server and changing it to the correct path rather than using symlinks.

Check syslog and $listdir/operation.log for useful messages (most likely
in syslog), too. They might shed more light on what's going on.

Smiles,

Ben

On 27/01/2017 4:31 am, Barco van Rhijn wrote:
> Good Evening,
>
> Recently setup MLMMJ on a Centos server that has Cpanel installed.
>
> *I get this error in my mail delivery log:*
>
> "Child process of mlmmj_transport transport returned 127 (could mean unable to
> exec or command does not exist) from command: /usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive"
>
> I checked the commands do not exist in this location
> On Centos the commands are indeed located in /usr/bin/
>
> So I've created a symbolic link for that file in the expected directory.
>
> *This did sort of work but now I get an error :*
> Child process of mlmmj_transport transport returned 1 from command:
> /usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive
>
> Any ideas how I could resolve this?
>
> BTW: My Cron is executed as root and I've checked permissions to the spool
> directory before hitting this roadblock.
>
> Warm Regards
> Barco van Rhijn

* Re: [mlmmj] Errors on Cron job
@ 2017-02-14 13:41 ` Barco van Rhijn
From: Barco van Rhijn @ 2017-02-14 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Ben, Thanks for your friendly reply.

I have indeed copied the files to the /usr/bin directory. Usually this
would break other references in other programs. But I remembered after
reading your mail that MLMMJ has no dependencies.

I've corrected some Permissions errors in the /var/spool/mlmmj/
directory. But I still don't get any mail back from mlmmj even though
the list does actually receive it.

The queue directory in the mailing list folder has several files in it.
Which I guess are some of the test messages I've sent.

  * Since correcting the permissions I've not received any errors or
    messages from the mlmmj-test group.
  * Any idea how I could check why this is not being processed?

Barco

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's more information on the Troubleshooting process up to this point:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still getting this nagging thing with the mail. I've tested my Exim
config as suggested in the mlmmj-exim readme files.
And everything checks out nicely. Email does in fact get routed to
MLMMJ's spool directory.

But I get an error message back when I post to the list:

   mlmmj-test@listdomain.co.za
     local delivery failed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW - My email address and the mlmmj group are on the same server

*Checking the logs I found:*

P=esmtpsa X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=no
A=dovecot_plain:barco@atservice.co.za S=810
id=76b40b36-fb85-d9d1-e7c5-960c9aa71c80@atservice.co.za T="Hello world"
for mlmmj-test@listdomain.co.za
2017-02-14 12:43:18 cwd=/var/spool/exim 3 args: /usr/sbin/exim -Mc
1cdaZp-00044A-GZ
2017-02-14 12:43:19 1cdaZp-00044A-GZ ** mlmmj-test@listdomain.co.za
R=mlmmj_router */T=mlmmj_transport: Child process of mlmmj_transport
transport returned 1 from command/*: */usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive*
2017-02-14 12:43:19 cwd=/var/spool/exim 7 args: /usr/sbin/exim -t -oem
-oi -f <> -E1cdaZp-00044A-GZ
2017-02-14 12:43:19 SMTP connection from xxx.xxx.x.x closed by QUIT
2017-02-14 12:43:19 1cdaZr-00044T-1p <= <> R=1cdaZp-00044A-GZ U=mailnull
P=local S=2078 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" for
barco@atservice.co.za
2017-02-14 12:43:19 cwd=/var/spool/exim 3 args: /usr/sbin/exim -Mc
1cdaZr-00044T-1p
2017-02-14 12:43:19 1cdaZp-00044A-GZ Completed

to be permission related. *

I found some files and folders in the /var/spool/mlmmj directory did not
have the permissions specified.

-- Setting permissions.

*I've checked my /var/spool/mlmmj directory and all files and lists
under this have the following permissions:*

mlmmj mlmmj 755

*I've also changed the permissions of all the mlmmj files in
/usr/local/bin/*

mlmmj mlmmj 755

*After checking this* *when I run the Maintenance Script
(/usr/bin/mlmmj-maintd -F -L)**
**I get:*

**reply from quit: 250 OK

reply from quit: 250 OK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Output of the operation log*

Tue Feb 14 12:51:46 2017 mlmmj-process: access - A mail from
"barco@atservice.co.za" was allowed by rule #0 "allow"
Tue Feb 14 12:57:19 2017 mlmmj-process: access - A mail from
"barco@atservice.co.za" was allowed by rule #0 "allow"
Tue Feb 14 13:09:12 2017 mlmmj-process: access - A mail from
"barco@atservice.co.za" was allowed by rule #0 "allow"
Tue Feb 14 15:06:50 2017 mlmmj-process: access - A mail from
"barco@atservice.co.za" was allowed by rule #0 "allow"

*Output of mlmmj-maint.d lastrun.log*

Starting maintenance run at Tue Feb 14 15:10:55 2017

clean_moderation(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test);
clean_discarded(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test);
clean_subconf(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test);
clean_unsubconf(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test);
resend_queue(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test, /usr/bin/mlmmj-send);
resend_requeue(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test, /usr/bin/mlmmj-send);
clean_nolongerbouncing(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test);
unsub_bouncers(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test, /usr/bin/mlmmj-unsub);
probe_bouncers(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test, /usr/bin/mlmmj-bounce);
run_digests(/var/spool/mlmmj/mlmmj-test, /usr/bin/mlmmj-send);

* Re: [mlmmj] Errors on Cron job
@ 2017-02-18  0:56 ` Ben Schmidt
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2017-02-18  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj