* deadlock with btrfs heavy i/o and kswapd
@ 2016-09-22  6:41 Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG @ 2016-09-22  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

i always encounter btrfs deadlocks / hung tasks, when i have a lot of
cached mem and i'm doing heavy rsync --inplace operations in my system
from btrfs zlib compressed disk A to btrfs zlib compressed disk B.

The last output i see in this case is kswapd0 running for a long time at
100% cpu. Then the whole system get's stuck. I cannot connect to ssh
anymore but the kernel still prints hung tasks every few minutes.

May be relevant the system has NO swap.

vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 100
vm.swappiness = 50

Greets,