* Disk I/O statistics support
@ 2007-02-13  0:35 Anthony Liguori
       [not found] ` <45D107E9.9020700-rdkfGonbjUSkNkDKm+mE6A@public.gmane.org>
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2007-02-13  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

I noticed a recent commit for disk I/O support.  It's a terribly useful
idea but unfortunately it was only done for VMDK.

Any chance this could be generalized for other disk types?  Also,
wouldn't it be better to push this sort of things to QEMU upstream
before committing to KVM?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: Disk I/O statistics support
       [not found] ` <45D107E9.9020700-rdkfGonbjUSkNkDKm+mE6A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-02-13  7:26   ` Dor Laor
       [not found]     ` <64F9B87B6B770947A9F8391472E032160A66C66D-yEcIvxbTEBqsx+V+t5oei8rau4O3wl8o3fe8/T/H7NteoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: Dor Laor @ 2007-02-13  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori, kvm-devel, Igor Lvovsky

>I noticed a recent commit for disk I/O support.  It's a terribly useful
>idea but unfortunately it was only done for VMDK.
>
>Any chance this could be generalized for other disk types?  Also,
>wouldn't it be better to push this sort of things to QEMU upstream
>before committing to KVM?

You're absolutely right, we'll do that.
Regarding committing first to KVM before Qemu, I think it can be done in
parallel. It sometimes take time until they adopt patches.

>Regards,
>
>Anthony Liguori

>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
security?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
>easier.
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo

@ 2007-02-13 15:40       ` Igor Lvovsky
From: Igor Lvovsky @ 2007-02-13 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori, kvm-devel

  Hi Anthony,
First of all, thanks for your comments.

I'll try to add disk statistics to other formats and push it to QEMU too, but it may take some time.

	Regards,
		Igor Lvovsky