* Master build failure with jemalloc
@ 2016-09-29  4:25 Varada Kari
From: Varada Kari @ 2016-09-29  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Hi,

I am facing a cmake build issue with jemalloc and latest master.
Did anyone face same issue?

Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/ceph_test_filestore_idempotent
make[2]: *** [bin/ceph_test_keyvaluedb_iterators] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[src/test/ObjectMap/CMakeFiles/ceph_test_keyvaluedb_iterators.dir/all]
Error 2
../../../../src/rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function
`DumpMallocStats':
/home/ems/varada/mnt/master/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:595: undefined
reference to `malloc_stats_print'
../../../../src/rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function
`DumpMallocStats':
/home/ems/varada/mnt/master/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:595: undefined
reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[2]: *** [bin/ceph_test_objectstore_workloadgen] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[src/test/objectstore/CMakeFiles/ceph_test_objectstore_workloadgen.dir/all]
Error 2
make[2]: *** [bin/ceph_smalliobenchfs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/test/bench/CMakeFiles/ceph_smalliobenchfs.dir/all] Error 2
../../../../src/rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function
`DumpMallocStats':
/home/ems/varada/mnt/master/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:595: undefined
reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[2]: *** [bin/ceph_test_filestore_idempotent] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[src/test/objectstore/CMakeFiles/ceph_test_filestore_idempotent.dir/all]
Error 2

Any workaround or fix for this issue?

Varada
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

* RE: Master build failure with jemalloc
@ 2016-09-29  4:37 ` Somnath Roy
From: Somnath Roy @ 2016-09-29  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Varada Kari, Ceph Development

This is a known issue , workaround is to comment out the malloc_stats_print within db_impl.cc..
I did post this in community twice without any response :-(

Thanks & Regards
Somnath

@ 2016-09-29  6:42   ` Ramesh Chander
From: Ramesh Chander @ 2016-09-29  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Somnath Roy, Varada Kari, Ceph Development

For me this problem use to go away with make clean inside rocksdb directory and then to fresh build again.

-Ramesh

@ 2016-09-29  6:44     ` Varada Kari
From: Varada Kari @ 2016-09-29  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramesh Chander, Somnath Roy, Ceph Development

Not working now. Have cleaned up multiple times. Looking at the rocksdb
code, will see if i can find a the problem and fix it.

Varada

@ 2016-09-29  8:29   ` Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2016-09-29  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Somnath Roy, Varada Kari, Ceph Development

On 29-9-2016 06:37, Somnath Roy wrote:
> This is a known issue , workaround is to comment out the malloc_stats_print within db_impl.cc..
> I did post this in community twice without any response :-(

That is not quite my experience
Submitting fixes to the rocksdb repo at github are usually swiftly
accepted. After which it has to trickle down into Ceph, but that also
usually is one post to get it done.

But the idea it to start at the rocksdb end.

--WjW