* vTPM Support
@ 2010-01-26 10:10 Martin Schneider
From: Martin Schneider @ 2010-01-26 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Dear list,

I wonder if there is a document that describes the level of support of
virtual Trusted Computing functionality of the current version of XEN.
Unfortunately I couldn't find such a document.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Martin

* Re: vTPM Support
@ 2010-01-26 11:48 ` Andreas Sommer
From: Andreas Sommer @ 2010-01-26 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Schneider; +Cc: xen-devel

Martin Schneider wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I wonder if there is a document that describes the level of support of
> virtual Trusted Computing functionality of the current version of XEN.
> Unfortunately I couldn't find such a document.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

There's a good tutorial on building vTPM support for Xen at
http://cybione.org/~cdidier/blog/200812020841.html
<http://cybione.org/%7Ecdidier/blog/200812020841.html>. You can either
use a physical TPM or the TPM emulator (of course unsafe) from
sourceforge. However I don't know how robust the vTPM implementation is...

Regards,
  Andreas

* Re: vTPM Support
@ 2010-01-26 12:23   ` Martin Schneider
From: Martin Schneider @ 2010-01-26 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Sommer; +Cc: xen-devel

> There's a good tutorial on building vTPM support for Xen at
> http://cybione.org/~cdidier/blog/200812020841.html
> <http://cybione.org/%7Ecdidier/blog/200812020841.html>. You can either use a
> physical TPM or the TPM emulator (of course unsafe) from sourceforge.
> However I don't know how robust the vTPM implementation is...

Thank you for this link, Andreas.

The thing I am searching for is not really a tutorial how to set
things up but more some kind of a documentation that describes how XEN
and vTPM really work, what level of support we currently have, etc.
There's a lot of literature about virtual trusted computing (research
papers, whitepapers, secondary literature, etc...) but it is not clear
for me what ideas are implemented and how things really work.

Best regards
Martin