* [SPDK] hotplugging possible bug
@ 2017-03-02 23:16 William Del Genio
From: William Del Genio @ 2017-03-02 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

I’ve been working on hotplug events in an application using spdk and have noticed that I’ll get an error when unplugging a lot of devices in a short time, either physically or by detaching the uio_pci_generic driver:

nvme_uevent.c: 168:spdk_get_uevent: ***ERROR*** Socket read error(105): No buffer space available

Is there any issue with the uevent code?

Also I’m running into some occasional kernel issues ‘BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at …’ when reattaching drives occasionally.  I’ve only seen it once using the hotplug example program, but many times using my program.

-William Del Genio

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2899 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] hotplugging possible bug
@ 2017-03-03  0:16 Verkamp, Daniel
From: Verkamp, Daniel @ 2017-03-03  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Errno 105 is ENOBUFS, which looks like it can occur with uevent when there is not enough space in the socket buffer; can you try increasing the ‘size’ variable in spdk_uevent_connect() to a larger value and see if the issue is still reproducible?

A “BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request” message would indicate some kind of kernel bug; do you see a backtrace in dmesg to indicate what code is causing the crash?

Thanks,
-- Daniel