* Adding IPMI support to an existing implementation
@ 2019-02-15 11:21 Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-15 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

We have an existing AST2400 based implementation for OpenBMC 2.6.0 and are trying to add IPMI support to it.

At this moment we don't have a good set of documentation on the ipmi implementation included in OpenBMC.

Can anyone point me to this documentation? Or is the only way to do this to go over the various packages?

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

* Re: Adding IPMI support to an existing implementation
@ 2019-02-15 20:30 ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-02-15 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc

Hi Wim,
What are trying here, adding extra ipmi support for your oem commands? IPMI support is already there in phosphor-image. Please see if "ipmid" daemon is running. You can check package phosphor-ipmi-host which provides support for ipmi daemon.

Regards
-Vijay

@ 2019-02-16  7:17   ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-16  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka; +Cc: openbmc

At this point I'm not looking for additional OEM commands.

My main goal is just to add all support request to enable inband ipmi with KCS interface.  The most important thing is that the system is capable to provide the inventory and eventlog information to the BMC during boot.

The information I am looking for are items like. Which services need to be included and what do I need to configure to make it work.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

@ 2019-02-19 19:43     ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2019-02-19 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn; +Cc: Vijay Khemka, openbmc

Wim,

phosphor-ipmi-host contains the inband implementation; kcsbridged provides
the KCS interface bridge. Start by making sure those packages are included
in your build; inventory and eventlog implementations are included within
phosphor-ipmi-host.

Emily

@ 2019-02-19 19:58       ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-19 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emily Shaffer; +Cc: Vijay Khemka, openbmc

Hello Emily,

Thanks. We added the ipmi-host and the kcsbridge and got it to work to some extend.

One issue we see is that Linux enters an endless loop trying to read the eventlog. I would expect this to stop when the eventlog is read (especially as there are no items).

Another thing we are running into is the fact that the system we have doesn’t have a FRU eeprom for the mainboard. Our initial thought was to upload the information using SetFru ipmi calls. Infortunately this is not supported in the current ipmi-host implementation.

What would be the correct approach for this. I am considering to put the FRU information for the mainboard in a file in the BMC and use this instead of the eeprom. Is this the correct approach and is this somehow supported already or should we implement this ourselves?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

Verzonden vanuit Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> voor Windows 10