* Touchscreen not working
@ 2022-06-02 13:03 Felix Knorr
From: Felix Knorr @ 2022-06-02 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hey,

I'm trying make an image that will just bootup, start an X server (or maybe potentially wayland later), and our program, which is basically a webserver and a gtk webview. This all works. But the problem is, that this should run on a MS Surface Go 2, and the touch screen isn't working. When I boot an Ubuntu installer image, the touchscreen is working in the installer, it doesn't even require the surface specific patches.

I added about every touchscreen driver in the kernel, and experimented a lot with other kernel options, but nothing seems to work. I also installed libevdev. What am I missing?

This is my current kernel configuration fragment:

# all the touchscreen drivers
CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN=y
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_AD7879=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ATMEL_MXT=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_BU21013=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_BU21029=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CHIPONE_ICN8505=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CY8CTMA140=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CYTTSP_CORE=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CYTTSP4_CORE=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_DYNAPRO=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_HAMPSHIRE=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EETI=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EGALAX_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EXC3000=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_FUJITSU=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_HIDEEP=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_HYCON_HY46XX=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ILI210X=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ILITEK=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_S6SY761=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_GUNZE=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EKTF2127=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ELAN=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ELO=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WACOM_W8001=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WACOM_I2C=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MAX11801=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MCS5000=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MMS114=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MELFAS_MIP4=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MTOUCH=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_INEXIO=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MK712=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_PENMOUNT=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EDT_FT5X06=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TOUCHRIGHT=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TOUCHWIN=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_PIXCIR=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_WDT87XX_I2C=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_USB_COMPOSITE=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TOUCHIT213=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TSC_SERIO=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TSC2004=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TSC2007=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SILEAD=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ST1232=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_STMFTS=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SX8654=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TPS6507X=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ZET6223=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ROHM_BU21023=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_IQS5XX=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ZINITIX=m

# Other config vars that have touch in them
CONFIG_HID_ACCUTOUCH=y
CONFIG_HID_MULTITOUCH=y

# Stuff from this thread: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Yocto-i-Mx-6-How-to-support-touch-on-touchscreen-monitor/m-p/642956
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_POLLDEV=y
CONFIG_HID=y
CONFIG_HID_GENERIC=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y

CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1920
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=1280
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EGALAX=m
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_USB_EASYTOUCH=y

CONFIG_HID_BATTERY_STRENGTH=y
CONFIG_HIDRAW=y
CONFIG_UHID=y

CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_COMMON=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB=y

I'm using Kirkstone and the Intel-BSP, kernelversion is 5.15.

I'm also getting this warning during baking:

WARNING: linux-intel-5.15.31+gitAUTOINC+ea948a0983_f172e1806c-r0 do_kernel_configcheck: [kernel config]: This BSP contains fragments with warnings:

[INFO]: the following symbols were not found in the active configuration:
     - CONFIG_INPUT_POLLDEV

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen neuroloop GmbH

i.A. Felix Knorr

Senior Software Developer

neuroloop GmbH

Engesserstr. 4, 79108 Freiburg, Germany

Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 713935

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Lauk, Dr. Dennis Plachta

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be attorney-client privileged, may constitute inside information, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. It is the property of the company of the sender of this e-mail. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.