* LPC 2019 distros microconference proposal: "Distros and Syzkaller - Why bother?"
@ 2019-07-26 14:48 George Kennedy
From: George Kennedy @ 2019-07-26 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I have proposed "Distros and Syzkaller - Why bother?" for the LPC 2019
distros microconference.

I am curious as to how other distros are using Syzkaller and if there
are ways for us to collaborate.

I am curious how Syzkaller fits into the distro's development cycle,
release cycle and if it is part
of the distro's Continuous Integration (CI) process?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you,
George Kennedy

* Re: LPC 2019 distros microconference proposal: "Distros and Syzkaller - Why bother?"
@ 2019-07-26 15:06 ` George Kennedy
       [not found]   ` <CAPhKKr9rAAf=47MLp2-sMkw9ns=a96ck=g-si8yVYsDeg_h_dQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: George Kennedy @ 2019-07-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: dhaval.giani

+ <dhaval.giani@gmail.com>

@ 2019-07-26 15:32     ` Dmitry Vyukov
From: Dmitry Vyukov @ 2019-07-26 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhaval Giani
  Cc: George Kennedy, LKML, Laura Abbott, Sasha Levin, Jiri Kosina,
	Kevin Hilman, Tim Bird, syzkaller

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 5:21 PM Dhaval Giani <dhaval.giani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding a bunch of people.
>
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019, 8:06 AM George Kennedy <george.kennedy@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> + <dhaval.giani@gmail.com>
>>
>> On 7/26/2019 10:48 AM, George Kennedy wrote:
>> > I have proposed "Distros and Syzkaller - Why bother?" for the LPC 2019
>> > distros microconference.
>> >
>> > I am curious as to how other distros are using Syzkaller and if there
>> > are ways for us to collaborate.
>> >
>> > I am curious how Syzkaller fits into the distro's development cycle,
>> > release cycle and if it is part
>> > of the distro's Continuous Integration (CI) process?
>> >
>> > Any insights would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > George Kennedy

Cool! Will try to be there.

Note syzbot also tests LTS releases now:
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/linux-4.14
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/linux-4.19
Though, results are only delivered to
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/syzkaller-lts-bugs

We could test some distro trees as well with the relevant configs.
Details are discussable.