* [ath9k-devel] Mesh point with HT support
@ 2012-06-27 11:33 nuaa
From: nuaa @ 2012-06-27 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi, everyone

I'm currently working on a Mini-PCI wireless card WLM200N2N2-26 (with Atheros AR9223-AL1A).

According to the document, the oldest kernel recommended for ath9k is 2.6.32,  WDS mode gets supported since 2.6.37, and mesh point mode with HT is also supported currently.

My question is, what is the oldest kernel required to get my adapter working in mesh point mode with HT, and what is the correct command setting up the adapter?

Currently I'm working on kernel 2.6.38, and when I type something like the following on both devices:

    iw wlan0 set type mesh
    iw wlan0 set meshid mymesh
    iw wlan0 set channel 3 HT40+
    ifconfig wlan0 up

The device still works at a bitrate of 54mbps:

    root at voyage:~# iw wlan0 station dump
    Station 00:80:48:77:2b:b6 (on wlan0)
    inactive time: 404 ms
    rx bytes: 1885411
    rx packets: 28780
    tx bytes: 42538343
    tx packets: 27621
    signal: -19 dBm
    tx bitrate: 54.0 MBit/s
    mesh llid: 27141
    mesh plid: 41978
    mesh plink: ESTAB

The throughput is about 16mbps, which is one fifth of that in a station / access point mode.

Do you have any advices on this issue?