* No hotplug event for PCA9685 PWM output device
@ 2017-04-12 12:09 Philip Munts
From: Philip Munts @ 2017-04-12 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pwm

I am using a PCA9685 I2C PWM controller on a Raspberry Pi 2.  When I instantiate the PCA9685 device with "echo pca9685 0x40 >new_device" in the I2C bus device directory, I get a hotplug event for pwmchip0, as expected.  When I manually initiate a hotplug event with "echo add >uevent" from the pwmchip0 device directory, I get another hotplug event for pwmchip0, also as expected.

However, when I create a PWM output device with "echo 0 >export" from the pwmchip0 device directory, the PWM output device subdirectory pwm0 is created, including the uevent file, but no hotplug event is generated for pwm0.

Furthermore, when I attempt to manually initiate a hotplug event for pwm0 by running "echo add >uevent" from the pwm0 subdirectory, no hotplug event is generated.

I am using a custom 4.9.21 kernel.  I have reported this at bugzilla.kernel.org: #195335.

Philip Munts
phil@munts.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-12 12:10 UTC | newest]