* [ANNOUNCE] SOF v1.7 released
@ 2021-04-02 10:38 Girdwood, Liam R
From: Girdwood, Liam R @ 2021-04-02 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel, sound-open-firmware

The SOF developers are pleased to announce that version 1.7 has been
released and binaries available for Intel and NXP platforms[1].

The main focus of v1.7 was around adding support for new audio
processing algorithms, continued Zephyr integration and general
stabilisation.

Release notes are here.

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/releases/tag/v1.7

Binaries are here.

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin

Firmware issues can be reported here (and feature requests too).

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/issues

and kernel issues here

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues

The next version will be v1.8 due by the end of June.

Thanks

Liam

[1] Preliminary support for other platforms can be enabled by using SOF
as a Zephyr module (for Zephyr supported architectures and platforms).
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47

* Re: [Sound-open-firmware] [ANNOUNCE] SOF v1.7 released
@ 2021-04-06  5:19 ` Keyon Jie
From: Keyon Jie @ 2021-04-06  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Girdwood, Liam R, alsa-devel, sound-open-firmware

On 2021/4/2 下午6:38, Girdwood, Liam R wrote:
> The SOF developers are pleased to announce that version 1.7 has been
> released and binaries available for Intel and NXP platforms[1].
>
> The main focus of v1.7 was around adding support for new audio
> processing algorithms, continued Zephyr integration and general
> stabilisation.
>
> Release notes are here.
>
> https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/releases/tag/v1.7
>
> Binaries are here.
>
> https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin
>
> Firmware issues can be reported here (and feature requests too).
>
> https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/issues
>
> and kernel issues here
>
> https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues
>
> The next version will be v1.8 due by the end of June.

Yes, we are planning to branch out for v1.8 by the middle of May, so we
have now the merge window of about the coming 6 weeks, please plan and
submit your new features to master in time.

Thanks,
~Keyon