* ALSA repos
@ 2019-07-01 13:31 Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2019-07-01 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: perex; +Cc: Carol Zhu, S.j. Wang, Jun Zhu, alsa-devel

Hi Jaroslav,

What are trying to understand where are the official ALSA project
repos.

We found:
 - Github: https://github.com/alsa-project
and
 - alsa-project.org: https://git.alsa-project.org/

Which one should we use for our daily builds?

For example we have been using alsa-project.org repo for tinycompress.
But in the last few days git clone didn't work! Now it seems to be back

online.

Also, we are using Yocto poky recipes:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-multimedia/alsa/alsa-lib_1.1.8.bb?h=warrior

which use pre-build archives from:

https://www.alsa-project.org/files/pub/

So, any clarifications on the release deliverables for ALSA project
would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
Daniel.

* Re: ALSA repos
@ 2019-07-01 14:20 ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2019-07-01 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Baluta; +Cc: Carol Zhu, S.j. Wang, Jun Zhu, alsa-devel

Dne 01. 07. 19 v 15:31 Daniel Baluta napsal(a):
> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> What are trying to understand where are the official ALSA project
> repos.
>
> We found:
>  - Github: https://github.com/alsa-project
> and
>  - alsa-project.org: https://git.alsa-project.org/
>
> Which one should we use for our daily builds?
>
> For example we have been using alsa-project.org repo for tinycompress.
> But in the last few days git clone didn't work! Now it seems to be back
>
> online.
>
> Also, we are using Yocto poky recipes:
>

> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-multimedia/alsa/alsa-lib_1.1.8.bb?h=warrior
>
> which use pre-build archives from:
>
> https://www.alsa-project.org/files/pub/
>
> So, any clarifications on the release deliverables for ALSA project
> would be highly appreciated.

Hi all,

The alsa-project.org server is the official one. I am actually trying to
resolve the git server issues (seems that the stalled connections causes
this). The github is used as the development platform which may be switched to
another in the future.

Just ping me if you have any problem.

					Jaroslav

--