From: George Hilliard <gh403@msstate.edu>
To: meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Large rootfs corrupted by build system
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 02:19:20 -0600	[thread overview]

I have run into a very odd issue when building a custom Yocto "dora" image for the i.MX6 SABRE Auto.  When building a small image (final image is around 80MB), the image is generated just fine.  However, when I build a much larger image (around 2GB), the root filesystem is generated corrupt!  This is not a fluke; every time I regenerate the image, it is corrupt (according to fsck).

I worked around it by actually removing packages (git and kernel-dev) from the recipe, causing the image to fall to about 1.91GB.  After this, the rootfs was generated correctly.  This doesn't look like anything but a bug in the build system to me; maybe the 2GB threshold is significant (?).  I'm currently building fsl-image-test to see if the problem occurs with that image too.

Am I doing everything right?  Attached are my two build scripts.  The -dev image is the bigger one.

Thanks!
George Hilliard