* How to delay mdadm assembly until all component drives are recognized/ready?
@ 2017-05-10  3:13 Ram Ramesh
From: Ram Ramesh @ 2017-05-10  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Raid

Today, I noticed that my RAID6 md0 was assembled in degraded state with
two drives in failed state after a pm-suspend and restart. Both of these
drives were attached toSAS9211-8I controller. The other drives are
attached to motherboard. I have not had this on a normal boot/reboot.
Also, in this particular case, mythtv recording was going on when
suspended and therefore as soon as resumed that used this md0.

Upon inspection, it appears (I am not sure here) that mdadm assembled
the array even before the drives were ready to be used. All I had to do
was to remove and re-add them to bring the array back to "good" state. I
am wondering if there is a way to tell mdadm to wait for all drives to
be ready before assembling. Also, if there is something that I can add
to resume scripts that will help, please let me know.

Kernel: Linux zym 3.13.0-106-generic #153-Ubuntu SMP
mdadm - v3.2.5 - 18th May 2012

Failed drives are HGST NAS and WD Gold with less than a year of usage.
So I doubt they are bad drives by any means.

Ramesh