* LEDE Netflix bypass
@ 2017-12-08 18:43 Daniel Barber
From: Daniel Barber @ 2017-12-08 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello Jason,

I have setup Wireguard on the router/LEDE and it working great - much
better then OpenVPN. :)

But I cannot work out how to bypass the default route to allow one of my
devices on the lan to bypass Wireguard route to allow netflix to work
properly. I have tried the app "vpnbypass and that didn't work. I also
tired similar app called vpn/wireguard policy routing and it didnt work
aswell.  I'm using PPPoE on the WAN. I hope you can help me

I know that "notoif" is in the works. That will make things easier in the
future. :)

Thanks,

Daniel

* Re: LEDE Netflix bypass
@ 2017-12-10 10:43 ` Koala Aloha
From: Koala Aloha @ 2017-12-10 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello Daniel (and hi list),

Have you seen the thread 'wireguard bypass question' [0] yet?
I think that might give you some advice on how to proceed with your
configuration.

I guess using a Linux network namespace [1], [2], [3], [4] that never
routes through your VPN, might be a solution for you. This way you won't
have to deal with figuring out which domains/ip netflix might want to
access.

If you don't always want to provide a passphrase or your user shouldn't
have root at all, you can also configure the '/bin/ip netns exec [...]'
command as 'NOPASSWD' your user via. 'visudo' in your 'sudoers.d'.

[0]: https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2017-October/001787.html
[1]:
https://sgros.blogspot.co.nz/2017/04/how-to-run-firefox-in-separate-network.html
[2]:
http://hintcafe.net/post/78293519027/running-a-process-inside-a-network-namespace
[3]: https://blogs.igalia.com/dpino/2016/04/10/network-namespaces/
[4]:
https://github.com/Phaeilo/openvpn-namespace/blob/4bb1935dfc2c3c062b2dd84479f3194d2d8da635/firefox.sh

 - Koala

* Re: LEDE Netflix bypass
@ 2017-12-11 19:11   ` Koala Aloha
From: Koala Aloha @ 2017-12-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Fwd. of the mail, got lost in my inbox ☺.