* prueth: IEP driver doesn't probe anymore
@ 2022-09-16  8:55 Romain Naour
From: Romain Naour @ 2022-09-16  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-OMAP
  Cc: rogerq@kernel.org >> Roger Quadros, Tony Lindgren, Md Danish Anwar

Hi All,

I'm able to use the prueth driver on a AM5749 cpu using the TI vendor branch
(ti-linux-5.10.y). But I need a more recent kernel to support other device on my
custom board. So I had to rebase all the TI work related to the out of tree
prueth driver on a the latest kernel.

I hope this driver will be merged in the kernel soon but the series [1] doesn't
include the prueth driver for AM57xx cpus (only the icssg_prueth for AM65xx is
included).

For some reason the IEP driver [2] [3] doesn't probe anymore. Is a side effect
of recent ti-sysc or legacy platform data work ? I'm using a 5.19.8 stable kernel.

The prueth_probe() error out with "unable to get IEP" log message.

Do you have any clue?

Danish, if you can provide a new version of the "PRUSS Remoteproc, Platform
APIS, and Ethernet Driver" series including the prueth and iep driver for
AM57xx, I will be able to test it [4].

Thanks!

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20220406094358.7895-1-p-mohan@ti.com/
[2]