* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
       [not found]   ` <20210903092217.7f02055a@canb.auug.org.au>
@ 2021-09-03  0:40     ` Jeremy Kerr
       [not found]       ` <20210903105610.790366ac@canb.auug.org.au>
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-09-03  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, buildroot; +Cc: Joel Stanley

Hi all,

Looking through the mail logs, I see there seems to be a period of time
where no messages were received by the patchwork feed (for buildroot),
at the SMTP level. Message counts by day:

  2021-08-31: 37
  2021-09-01: 44
  2021-09-02: 14
  2021-09-03: 0
  04 - now  : 51

Stephen, I assume all has been OK with the SMTP server? Buildroot folks,
has anything happened with delivery through the list?

It might be something on the actual patchwork side, but I'd like to
check that the email feed is OK first.

Cheers,

Jeremy

@ 2021-09-03  2:58         ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2021-09-03  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: buildroot, Jeremy Kerr

On Fri, 3 Sept 2021 at 00:56, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 08:40:58 +0800 Jeremy Kerr <jk@ozlabs.org> wrote:
> >
> > Looking through the mail logs, I see there seems to be a period of time
> > where no messages were received by the patchwork feed (for buildroot),
> > at the SMTP level. Message counts by day:
> >
> >   2021-08-31: 37
> >   2021-09-01: 44
> >   2021-09-02: 14
> >   2021-09-03: 0
> >   04 - now  : 51
> >
> > Stephen, I assume all has been OK with the SMTP server? Buildroot folks,
> > has anything happened with delivery through the list?
>
> We received no emails for incoming-buildroot -at- patchwork.ozlabs.org
> during the 24 hours to 6:45 am today (GMT+10), but we did receive
> emails for some other lists from the same mail host.

I just noticed that my buildroot list filter is no longer working. The
listid used to be:

but now it is set to:

It looks like buildroot list changed domains recently. Perhaps the
subscription for incoming-buildroot@ didn't get moved over to the new
setup?

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03  3:01           ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-09-03  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley, Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: buildroot

Hi Joel,

> I just noticed that my buildroot list filter is no longer working.
> The listid used to be:

> but now it is set to:

> It looks like buildroot list changed domains recently. Perhaps the
> subscription for incoming-buildroot@ didn't get moved over to the new
> setup?

Ah, that'd explain missing patches then (assuming delivery is
working...). Patchwork relies on the list ID to correlate mail to
projects. Since it doesn't know about the new list-id, it'll be
dropping those.

I'll update the list-id for the buildroot patchwork project.

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03  6:46             ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2021-09-03  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Kerr; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Joel Stanley

Hi,

 >> I just noticed that my buildroot list filter is no longer working.
 >> The listid used to be:

 >> but now it is set to:

 >> It looks like buildroot list changed domains recently. Perhaps the
 >> subscription for incoming-buildroot@ didn't get moved over to the new
 >> setup?

 > Ah, that'd explain missing patches then (assuming delivery is
 > working...). Patchwork relies on the list ID to correlate mail to
 > projects. Since it doesn't know about the new list-id, it'll be
 > dropping those.

 > I'll update the list-id for the buildroot patchwork project.

Sorry about this. The mailing list setup had a number of annoying issues
(the busybox.net vs buildroot.org, how uclibc/busybox lists were also
shown, TLS certificate not matching the hostname, ..) so we recently
worked with the OSUOSL guys to fix it.

We've had some teething issues, but I believe it is working now, if not
let me know.

With the changes, the list page
(https://lists.buildroot.org/mailman/listinfo) now has correct TLS
config and only shows the buildroot list and the List-id is
buildroot.lists.buildroot.org.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03  6:49               ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-09-03  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Korsgaard; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Joel Stanley

Hi Peter,

> Sorry about this. The mailing list setup had a number of annoying
> issues (the busybox.net vs buildroot.org, how uclibc/busybox lists
> were also shown, TLS certificate not matching the hostname, ..) so we
> recently worked with the OSUOSL guys to fix it.
>
> We've had some teething issues, but I believe it is working now, if
> not let me know.

Yep, it looks OK after changing the List-ID in patchwork - I see there
has been at least one new patch parsed since updating.

Note that there may be some patches missing from the period where the
list IDs did not match. Let me know if you need a way to manually feed
those in.

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03 10:21               ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2021-09-03 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Korsgaard; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

Hi Peter,

> Hi,
>
>>> I just noticed that my buildroot list filter is no longer working.
>>> The listid used to be:

>>> but now it is set to:

>>> It looks like buildroot list changed domains recently. Perhaps the
>>> subscription for incoming-buildroot@ didn't get moved over to the new
>>> setup?
>
>> Ah, that'd explain missing patches then (assuming delivery is
>> working...). Patchwork relies on the list ID to correlate mail to
>> projects. Since it doesn't know about the new list-id, it'll be
>> dropping those.
>
>> I'll update the list-id for the buildroot patchwork project.
>
> Sorry about this. The mailing list setup had a number of annoying issues
> (the busybox.net vs buildroot.org, how uclibc/busybox lists were also
> shown, TLS certificate not matching the hostname, ..) so we recently
> worked with the OSUOSL guys to fix it.
>
> We've had some teething issues, but I believe it is working now, if not
> let me know.
>
> With the changes, the list page
> (https://lists.buildroot.org/mailman/listinfo) now has correct TLS
> config and only shows the buildroot list and the List-id is
> buildroot.lists.buildroot.org.

This patch[1] still doesn’t show up.
Do I resend it?
Maybe other patches have been lost on patchwork. I don’t know if patchwork works in polling or triggering.

[1]: https://lists.buildroot.org/pipermail/buildroot/2021-September/621975.html

Thank you
Best regards
Giulio Benetti

@ 2021-09-03 12:00                 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2021-09-03 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giulio Benetti; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

Hi,

 > This patch[1] still doesn’t show up.
 > Do I resend it?

Yes, please.

 > Maybe other patches have been lost on patchwork. I don’t know if
 > patchwork works in polling or triggering.

The way it works is that patchwork is subscribed to the list and looks
for patches in the mails. If it didn't receive the mail with the patch
then it will not show up.

Sorry for the trouble.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03 16:49                   ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2021-09-03 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Korsgaard; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

On 9/3/21 2:00 PM, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   > This patch[1] still doesn’t show up.
>   > Do I resend it?
>
> Yes, please.
>
>   > Maybe other patches have been lost on patchwork. I don’t know if
>   > patchwork works in polling or triggering.
>
> The way it works is that patchwork is subscribed to the list and looks
> for patches in the mails. If it didn't receive the mail with the patch
> then it will not show up.
>
> Sorry for the trouble.

Ok, no problem at all!

Kind regards
--
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03 19:38                     ` Nevo Hed
From: Nevo Hed @ 2021-09-03 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giulio Benetti; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1307 bytes --]

BTW each and every message coming from the mailing list over the past few
days seems to be flagged by gmai, even if the sender is within gmail.
Trying to guess what gmail is thinking might be an uphill battle but
wondering about that list change -
Does the mailing list change map to existing DKIM/SPF?

[image: image.png]

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 12:49 PM Giulio Benetti <
giulio.benetti@benettiengineering.com> wrote:

> writes:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   > This patch[1] still doesn’t show up.
> >   > Do I resend it?
> >
> > Yes, please.
> >
> >   > Maybe other patches have been lost on patchwork. I don’t know if
> >   > patchwork works in polling or triggering.
> >
> > The way it works is that patchwork is subscribed to the list and looks
> > for patches in the mails. If it didn't receive the mail with the patch
> > then it will not show up.
> >
> > Sorry for the trouble.
> >

> Ok, no problem at all!
>
> Kind regards
> --
> Giulio Benetti
> Benetti Engineering sas

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2084 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 24516 bytes --]

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-03 19:58                       ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2021-09-03 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nevo Hed; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

On 9/3/21 9:38 PM, Nevo Hed wrote:
> BTW each and every message coming from the mailing list over the past
> few days seems to be flagged by gmai, even if the sender is within gmail.
> Trying to guess what gmail is thinking might be an uphill battle but
> wondering about that list change -
> Does the mailing list change map to existing DKIM/SPF?
>
> image.png

Ah, anyway I'm not hosted on gmail. But pretty strange for the gmail
hosted ones.

--
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

@ 2021-09-04  9:37                       ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2021-09-04  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nevo Hed
  Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti, Jeremy Kerr, Joel Stanley

 > BTW each and every message coming from the mailing list over the past few
 > days seems to be flagged by gmai, even if the sender is within gmail.
 > Trying to guess what gmail is thinking might be an uphill battle but
 > wondering about that list change -
 > Does the mailing list change map to existing DKIM/SPF?

 > [image: image.png]

Hmm, odd. The mail delivery as such has not changed, only the DNS entry
for the lists.buildroot.org mailman web interface and the List-id
header.

I do notice that buildroot.org did not have the same SPF record as
busybox.net, perhaps that is it? I've fixed that now.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-27  2:31                   ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2021-09-27  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Korsgaard; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti, Jeremy Kerr

On Fri, 3 Sept 2021 at 12:00, Peter Korsgaard <peter@korsgaard.com> wrote:
>  > Maybe other patches have been lost on patchwork. I don’t know if
>  > patchwork works in polling or triggering.
>
> The way it works is that patchwork is subscribed to the list and looks
> for patches in the mails. If it didn't receive the mail with the patch
> then it will not show up.
>
> Sorry for the trouble.

It looks like the list-id changed again over the weekend. It is now:

 buildroot.buildroot.org

https://lore.kernel.org/buildroot/20210926212556.915231-1-fontaine.fabrice@gmail.com/raw

Jeremy, I think patchwork needs to be updated again.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-28  2:34                     ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-09-28  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley, Peter Korsgaard; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti

Hi Joel,

> It looks like the list-id changed again over the weekend.

OK, thanks for the ping!

> It is now:
>
>  buildroot.buildroot.org

Buildroot folks: is this an intentional & permanent change? Do you want
patchwork updated for this new ID?

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-28  5:21                       ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2021-09-28  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Kerr; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti, Joel Stanley

Jeremy, All,

On 2021-09-28 10:34 +0800, Jeremy Kerr spake thusly:
> > It looks like the list-id changed again over the weekend.
> OK, thanks for the ping!
> > It is now:
> >  buildroot.buildroot.org
> Buildroot folks: is this an intentional & permanent change? Do you want
> patchwork updated for this new ID?

Yes, we had an explicit change in the mailman configuration (actually,
a fix), but the unfortunate side effect of that fix was to change the
List-ID. We believe this is the last change, and we are not planning
anymore in the ofreseable future.

So, yes, could you update Patchwork, please?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-28  5:30                         ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-09-28  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yann E. MORIN; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti, Joel Stanley

Hi Yann,

> So, yes, could you update Patchwork, please?

Sure thing, done!

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: [Buildroot] What's wrong with patchwork
@ 2021-09-28  5:39                           ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2021-09-28  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Kerr; +Cc: buildroot, Stephen Rothwell, Giulio Benetti, Joel Stanley

Jeremy, All,

On 2021-09-28 13:30 +0800, Jeremy Kerr spake thusly:
> > So, yes, could you update Patchwork, please?
> Sure thing, done!

Let the flow of incoming patches soar, now! :-]
/me ducks for cover...

Thanks! :-)