* ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
@ 2014-06-21  8:50 Chetal Patil
From: Chetal Patil @ 2014-06-21  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-acpi

Hi,

I recently joined the Linux Driver Development mailing list and would
like to contribute to the Linux Driver Project. Specifically, I would
like to contribute by working on ACPI Support for HP Pavillion
laptops. Regarding this, I humbly seek answer to the following
questions.

1). Is anyone currently working on this project?
2). If any kind of contribution is still needed, can anyone please
provide me details?

If this isn't appropriate mailing list, please direct me to
appropriate mailing list.

Thanks,
Chetal

* RE: ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
@ 2014-06-21 15:03 ` Zhang, Rui
From: Zhang, Rui @ 2014-06-21 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chetal Patil, linux-acpi

I believe http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#platform-driver-x86 is the better place for your questions.

Thanks,
rui

* Re: ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
@ 2014-06-28 19:46     ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2014-06-28 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chetal Patil; +Cc: driverdev-devel

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:30:52AM +0530, Chetal Patil wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I have HP Pavilion dv4-1414tx laptop. I don't know exactly what is
> (/was) the issue and why ACPI support is needed for these laptops.
> After your reply I realized that the list
> "http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Drivers_Needed"
> is not updated recently :(. Where can I find the equivalent updated
> list where contributions are needed for the driver projects?

Look in the kernel source itself, in the drivers/staging/*/TODO files
and pick something there to work on.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

* Re: ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
@ 2014-06-28 19:00   ` Chetal Patil
From: Chetal Patil @ 2014-06-28 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: driverdev-devel

@ 2014-06-26 23:31 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2014-06-26 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chetal Patil; +Cc: driverdev-devel

@ 2014-06-25  2:49 Chetal Patil
From: Chetal Patil @ 2014-06-25  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: driverdev-devel

Hi,

I recently joined the Linux Driver Development mailing list and would
like to contribute to the Linux Driver Project. Specifically, I would
like to contribute by working on ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
(Referred list at
http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Drivers_Needed).
Regarding this, I humbly seek answer to the following questions.

1). Is anyone currently working on this project?
2). If any kind of contribution is still needed, can anyone please
provide me details?

If there is any specialized mailing list regarding this, please direct
me to there.

Thanks,
Chetal

* ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops