* [Buildroot]  Activation of pygobject
@ 2013-07-17 13:03 Julien COUVRAND
From: Julien COUVRAND @ 2013-07-17 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Trying to enable simple agent from bluez such as?:
simple-agent hci0 68:EB:AE:4F:A4:B5

I meet an error:
---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/simple-agent", line 3, in <module>
    import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject
---

My configuration is the following:
- Bluez
- Python
- Dbus-glib
- Dbus-python

However, on buildroot, I don't find the way to import python-gobject.
Do you know how to import gobject?

Thanks in advance

Julien

* [Buildroot] Activation of pygobject
@ 2013-07-17 15:46 ` Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2013-07-17 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 07/17/2013 10:03 AM, Julien COUVRAND wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to enable simple agent from bluez such as :
> simple-agent hci0 68:EB:AE:4F:A4:B5
>
> I meet an error:
> ---
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/simple-agent", line 3, in <module>
>     import gobject
> ImportError: No module named gobject
> ---
>
> My configuration is the following:
> - Bluez
> - Python
> - Dbus-glib
> - Dbus-python
>
> However, on buildroot, I don't find the way to import python-gobject.
> Do you know how to import gobject?

Hi.
You're missing pygobject which isn't a package (yet) in buildroot.
Regards.

* [Buildroot] Activation of pygobject
@ 2013-07-18  8:11   ` Julien COUVRAND
From: Julien COUVRAND @ 2013-07-18  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Gustavo,

Do you know when this package is available under Buidlroot?
I guess the only way to solve this issue is to import manually this package under buildroot.

Julien

Julien COUVRAND
MOPI - 8540 SWPF Object Leader

Mailto:???? 11 rue Pierre-Felix Delarue
??????????????????? 72100 Le Mans -? FRANCE
Office:????? +33 2 44 02 71 07
Mobile: ?? +33 6 03 49 09 04
Emailto :?? julien.couvrand at stericsson.com
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

@ 2013-07-18  8:27     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2013-07-18  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Julien COUVRAND,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:11:02 +0200, Julien COUVRAND wrote:

> Do you know when this package is available under Buidlroot?

When someone submits a patch to add it? Why not you, for example?

> I guess the only way to solve this issue is to import manually this package under buildroot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually". You just need to create a
package, starting from the documentation available at
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Activation of pygobject
@ 2013-07-18  8:33       ` Julien COUVRAND

Emailto :?? julien.couvrand at stericsson.com
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:11:02 +0200, Julien COUVRAND wrote:

> Do you know when this package is available under Buidlroot?

When someone submits a patch to add it? Why not you, for example?

> I guess the only way to solve this issue is to import manually this package under buildroot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually". You just need to create a package, starting from the documentation available at http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com