* Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-20 18:50 Tom King
From: Tom King @ 2016-12-20 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi All,

We have been looking for a time when we could do a full stop of the infra
to upgrade some bits and clear out some faults.

This will involve shutting down the main machine that we use for *most* of
the OE infra.

Our goal is to put up a backup git master but other services such as: wiki,
patches, etc will be offline for some or all of that period.

We have delayed doing this much needed maintenance to try to work around
Yocto and OE release schedules and it is necessary that we take this time
to do the work.

Tom
(for the OE Infra Team)

* Re: Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-20 19:16 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-12-20 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

> On Dec 20, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Tom King <ka6sox@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> We have been looking for a time when we could do a full stop of the infra
> to upgrade some bits and clear out some faults.
>
> This will involve shutting down the main machine that we use for *most* of
> the OE infra.
>
> Our goal is to put up a backup git master but other services such as: wiki,
> patches, etc will be offline for some or all of that period.
>
> We have delayed doing this much needed maintenance to try to work around
> Yocto and OE release schedules and it is necessary that we take this time
> to do the work.

I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.

> Tom
> (for the OE Infra Team)

* Re: Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-22 17:19   ` Tom King
From: Tom King @ 2016-12-22 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
back (estimated) about 48hrs later.

Tom

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 20, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Tom King <ka6sox@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have been looking for a time when we could do a full stop of the infra
> > to upgrade some bits and clear out some faults.
> >
> > This will involve shutting down the main machine that we use for *most*
> of
> > the OE infra.
> >
> > Our goal is to put up a backup git master but other services such as:
> wiki,
> > patches, etc will be offline for some or all of that period.
> >
> > We have delayed doing this much needed maintenance to try to work around
> > Yocto and OE release schedules and it is necessary that we take this time
> > to do the work.
> >

> I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.
>
> > Tom
> > (for the OE Infra Team)
> > --

* Re: [oe] Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-26  4:06       ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-12-26  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, bitbake-devel, yocto-infrastructure, yocto

In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.

If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
again.

Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:

Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/

I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.

On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
> Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
> back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
>
> Tom
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Dec 20, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Tom King <ka6sox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have been looking for a time when we could do a full stop of the infra
>>> to upgrade some bits and clear out some faults.
>>>
>>> This will involve shutting down the main machine that we use for *most*
>> of
>>> the OE infra.
>>>
>>> Our goal is to put up a backup git master but other services such as:
>> wiki,
>>> patches, etc will be offline for some or all of that period.
>>>
>>> We have delayed doing this much needed maintenance to try to work around
>>> Yocto and OE release schedules and it is necessary that we take this time
>>> to do the work.
>>>
>> I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.
>>
>>> Tom
>>> (for the OE Infra Team)
>>> --

Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / SysAdmin

* Re: Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-26  4:06       ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-12-26  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, bitbake-devel, yocto-infrastructure, yocto

In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.

If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
again.

Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:

Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/

I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.

On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
> Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
> back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
>
> Tom
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Dec 20, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Tom King <ka6sox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have been looking for a time when we could do a full stop of the infra
>>> to upgrade some bits and clear out some faults.
>>>
>>> This will involve shutting down the main machine that we use for *most*
>> of
>>> the OE infra.
>>>
>>> Our goal is to put up a backup git master but other services such as:
>> wiki,
>>> patches, etc will be offline for some or all of that period.
>>>
>>> We have delayed doing this much needed maintenance to try to work around
>>> Yocto and OE release schedules and it is necessary that we take this time
>>> to do the work.
>>>
>> I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.
>>
>>> Tom
>>> (for the OE Infra Team)
>>> --

Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / SysAdmin

* Re: [bitbake-devel] [oe] Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
  (?)
@ 2016-12-26  7:43         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2016-12-26  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 08:06:50PM -0800, Michael Halstead wrote:
> In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
> git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
> hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
> listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.
>
> If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
> fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
> again.

It doesn't seem to be working here:

error: Could not fetch origin
fatal: unable to connect to git.openembedded.org:
git.openembedded.org[0: 104.236.212.160]: errno=Connection refused
git.openembedded.org[1: 2604:a880:800:10::2127:2001]: errno=Network is unreachable

But that's OK for me, I was prepared to do some holiday celebrations
thanks to planned downtime :). And I have some local mirrors in case
I got tired of celebrations before the downtime is over.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

From: Martin Jansa @ 2016-12-26  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 08:06:50PM -0800, Michael Halstead wrote:
> In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
> git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
> hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
> listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.
>
> If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
> fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
> again.

It doesn't seem to be working here:

error: Could not fetch origin
fatal: unable to connect to git.openembedded.org:
git.openembedded.org[0: 104.236.212.160]: errno=Connection refused
git.openembedded.org[1: 2604:a880:800:10::2127:2001]: errno=Network is unreachable

But that's OK for me, I was prepared to do some holiday celebrations
thanks to planned downtime :). And I have some local mirrors in case
I got tired of celebrations before the downtime is over.

> Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:
>
> Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
> Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
> Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/
>
> I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
> sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
> make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.
>

> On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
> > Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
> > back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
> >
> > Tom

> >> of

> >> wiki,

> >> I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.

> Michael Halstead
> Linux Foundation / SysAdmin

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: [bitbake-devel] Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-26  7:43         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2016-12-26  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

@ 2016-12-26 17:12         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-12-26 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, bitbake-devel, yocto-infrastructure, yocto

On 12/25/2016 11:06 PM, Michael Halstead wrote:
> In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
> git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
> hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
> listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.
>
> If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
> fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
> again.
>
> Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:
>
> Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
> Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
> Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/
>
> I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
> sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
> make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.

I'd like to thank everyone working on this project for their hard work
through out the year keeping OpenEmbeded up to date and moving it
forward as the premier embedded Linux (and possibly other OS') build system.

Here's to a good New Year!

Philip

> On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
>> Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
>> back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
>>
>> Tom

>>> of

>>> wiki,

>>> I guess, you need to come up with a tentative down-time schedule.

* Re: Infra Full Stop 12/26-12/29
@ 2016-12-26 17:12         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-12-26 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, bitbake-devel, yocto-infrastructure, yocto

@ 2016-12-26 18:10           ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-12-26 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

On 12/25/2016 11:43 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 08:06:50PM -0800, Michael Halstead wrote:
>> In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
>> git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
>> hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
>> listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.
>>
>> If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
>> fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
>> again.
> It doesn't seem to be working here:
>
> error: Could not fetch origin
> fatal: unable to connect to git.openembedded.org:
> git.openembedded.org[0: 104.236.212.160]: errno=Connection refused
> git.openembedded.org[1: 2604:a880:800:10::2127:2001]: errno=Network is unreachable
>
> But that's OK for me, I was prepared to do some holiday celebrations
> thanks to planned downtime :). And I have some local mirrors in case
> I got tired of celebrations before the downtime is over.
This is fixed now. I fulled tested push access but not normal anonymous
clones. Sorry about that.

>> Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:
>>
>> Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
>> Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
>> Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/
>>
>> I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
>> sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
>> make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.
>>

>> On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
>>> Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
>>> back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
>>>
>>> Tom

>> --
>> Michael Halstead
>> Linux Foundation / SysAdmin
>>

>> --

Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / SysAdmin

From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-12-26 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-12-26 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, openembedded-devel, yocto-infrastructure

On 12/25/2016 11:43 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 08:06:50PM -0800, Michael Halstead wrote:
>> In preparation for the scheduled maintenance I have moved
>> git.openembedded.org to a new server temporarily. E-mail and Patchwork
>> hooks may not work correctly. All other git operations as well as
>> listings at http://git.openembedded.org/ should continue working.
>>
>> If you have a git remote pointed directly at openembedded.org it will
>> fail. Please update your remote to point at git.openembedded.org and try
>> again.
> It doesn't seem to be working here:
>
> error: Could not fetch origin
> fatal: unable to connect to git.openembedded.org:
> git.openembedded.org[0: 104.236.212.160]: errno=Connection refused
> git.openembedded.org[1: 2604:a880:800:10::2127:2001]: errno=Network is unreachable
>
> But that's OK for me, I was prepared to do some holiday celebrations
> thanks to planned downtime :). And I have some local mirrors in case
> I got tired of celebrations before the downtime is over.
This is fixed now. I fulled tested push access but not normal anonymous
clones. Sorry about that.

>> Other services that will stay up during the maintenance are:
>>
>> Layerindex https://layers.openembedded.org/
>> Mailman http://lists.openembedded.org/
>> Patchwork https://patchwork.openembedded.org/
>>
>> I'd like the share my appreciation for the OpenEmbedded volunteer
>> sysadmins who are taking time away from their holiday celebrations to
>> make this downtime as convenient for the rest of us as possible.
>>

>> On 12/22/2016 09:19 AM, Tom King wrote:
>>> Schedule is  06:00UTC 27DEC16 for the full stop.  Things will start coming
>>> back (estimated) about 48hrs later.
>>>
>>> Tom

>> --
>> Michael Halstead