* Memory Tests in U-Boot
@ 2019-11-19 12:28 devendra.devadiga
From: devendra.devadiga @ 2019-11-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

In U-Boot I found some generic memory tests commands like mtest and post
tests. But I need complete DDR4 memory test with below algorithms:

* Checkerboard Test
* March C- Test
* Neighborhood Pattern Sensitive Fault

Can I get any reference code for these algorithms in U-Boot ?
Implementation for these algorithms available in any of U-Boot version ?

Thanks and Regards,
Devendra

* Re: [yocto] Memory Tests in U-Boot
@ 2019-11-22 15:35 ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2019-11-22 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devendra.devadiga, yocto

On 11/19/19 7:28 AM, devendra.devadiga@iwavesystems.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In U-Boot I found some generic memory tests commands like mtest and post
> tests. But I need complete DDR4 memory test with below algorithms:
>
> * Checkerboard Test
> * March C- Test
> * Neighborhood Pattern Sensitive Fault
>
> Can I get any reference code for these algorithms in U-Boot ?
> Implementation for these algorithms available in any of U-Boot version ?

I don't know if any of the (too many) versions of u-boot have that
feature. If you are willing to test from userspace, there is memtester:

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/863/

I don't think it has all of the tests you asked for but
it would be good if you could take a look and report back here
for those interested.

Here's a test run that a web search returned:
https://www.lightsoftai.com/?p=113

Also, the stress-ng has some memory tests including one that tests
neighbour sensitivity:
   https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/104982/

man stress-ng:

galpat-0

galloping  pattern  zeros. This sets all bits to 0 and flips just 1
in 4096 bits to 1. It then checks to see  if the 1s are pulled down
to 0 by their neighbours or of the neighbours have been pulled up
to 1.

Good luck and please let us know what you find,

../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux