* [Qemu-devel] Fw:Re:What does "COW" mean?
@ 2014-09-03  4:47 shhuiw
From: shhuiw @ 2014-09-03  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi,

Sorry to trouble you.

I posted my question in the user mailing list, but can not get the right answer.
So I forward it to the devel mailing list. Hope to find answer here.

At 2014-09-02 04:33:50, "shhuiw" <shhuiw@163.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm new to qemu community, and I'm trying the COW image format (old but simple:-).
>I have read through its source code, and didn't find anything about 'copy on write'.
>I wonder wthat "COW" stands for?

Sorry for my unclear expression.
I mean when copy-on-write happens if COW image format is used, and how the COW driver code handles cop-on-write?

>--
>
>Regards,
>shhuiw

shhuiw

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Fw:Re:What does "COW" mean?
@ 2014-09-03 11:01 ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2014-09-03 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shhuiw; +Cc: qemu-devel