* [Buildroot] busybox init seg fault with glibc 2.9
@ 2011-03-30 18:24 hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca
From: hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca @ 2011-03-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

When using an external toolchain (crosstool-ng) using glibc 2.9, the busybox init fails to execute at startup (seg fault). The problem seems to have been already submitted on the mailing list:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-April/033116.html
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-March/033069.html

The workaround proprosed here:

http://www.ftechworks.mydns.jp/blog/glibc/index.html

has solved the problem. I tested the patch on both PPC and ARM. I'm not sure if this should be submitted in glibc, busybox, crosstool-ng or busybox :-). Any advice?

Philippe Hamelin, ing. jr, M. Ing
Chercheur / Researcher

T: 450-652-8499 x2198
F: 450-652-1316

Expertise robotique et civil
Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Qu?bec (IREQ)
1740, boul. Lionel-Boulet
Varennes (QC) J3X 1S1, Canada