* [Xenomai] simple rtdm driver x86
@ 2018-03-12 14:09 Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-03-12 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,
could somebody share simple rtdm driver for begginers
better fo x86
I try to find it but almost for arm
and i have no such rtdm_driver.h
give an advice please should I start from ?

* Re: [Xenomai] simple rtdm driver x86
@ 2018-03-12 14:16 ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2018-03-12 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Шевченко
	Тарас
	Григорьевич
  Cc: xenomai

Are you using Xenomai 3 or 2?  I believe from your previous posts you
are using Xenomai 3, include rtdm/driver.h , not rtdm_driver.h.

-Greg

@ 2018-03-12 15:41   ` Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-03-12 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

Xenomai 3
It is work! Perfect!
Now i have the same problem as below
http://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2017-May/037361.html by Nitin Kulkarni    and x86

interrupt registered cat /proc/xenomai/irq

  IRQ         CPU0        CPU1        CPU2        CPU3
  266:           0           0           0           0         rtdm_hello

but the handler is not invoked when I trigger the gpio pin.
I found http://xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.6/html/api/group__rtdmirq.html#gaf4e76db13d7f7aac4be2cae59e0097bc
only RTDM_IRQTYPE_EDGE  option
is there another trigger or another way to do it ?

@ 2018-03-12 15:46     ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2018-03-12 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Шевченко
	Тарас
	Григорьевич
  Cc: xenomai

Use this https://xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/xeno3prm/index.html
for rtdm references going forward.  You are running Xenomai 3, but
using the docs for 2.6.

-Greg

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич

@ 2018-03-12 16:17       ` Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-03-12 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

thank you
but not really help

@ 2018-03-12 16:45       ` Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-03-12 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

could be the problem in loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.

yeti@yeti-UDOO-x86:~/develop/rtdm_hello$ dmesg|grep rtdm
[ 1536.073433] rtdm_hello: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
[ 1536.073532] rtdm_hello: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel
yeti@yeti-UDOO-x86:~/develop/rtdm_hello$ dmesg|grep RTDM
[ 1536.075500] RTDM gpio init.
[ 1536.075617] RTDM numero 266:

@ 2018-03-12 16:50         ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2018-03-12 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Шевченко
	Тарас
	Григорьевич
  Cc: xenomai

No that shouldn't have an impact on it.  I have a couple theories
about what is happening but I don't have time to test them out at the
moment.  Hopefully I'll have some time closer to the end of the week
to look into it.  Where you able to build from the git repo?

-Greg

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич

@ 2018-03-12 16:56           ` Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-03-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

sad, to hear it
it is possible to remind you if I get fail with gpio?

Yes I able to build from repo , I wrote about , today earlier

I used some different way   - like in your instruction

make bzImage modules
make install

@ 2018-03-15 19:53             ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2018-03-15 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Шевченко
	Тарас
	Григорьевич
  Cc: xenomai

I had time to test this on a Zynq microzed board using the new 4.14
ipipe and it works without issue.  What branch are you using from the
Xenomai repo?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич