* dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out
@ 2017-11-15 19:58 Adam Wallis
From: Adam Wallis @ 2017-11-15 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: Timur Tabi

a9df21e34b42 ("dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out")

for 4.14-stable (applies cleanly)
for 4.13-stable (applies cleanly)

This should be included since it warns the user that the kernel stack memory may
have been corrupted due to a fault DMA callback.

I could also backport for older 4.x kernels if you think it would be useful.

--
Adam Wallis
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies as an affiliate of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

* Re: dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out
@ 2017-11-16 16:36 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2017-11-16 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Wallis; +Cc: stable, Timur Tabi

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:58:00PM -0500, Adam Wallis wrote:
> a9df21e34b42 ("dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out")
>
> for 4.14-stable (applies cleanly)
> for 4.13-stable (applies cleanly)
>
> This should be included since it warns the user that the kernel stack memory may
> have been corrupted due to a fault DMA callback.
>
> I could also backport for older 4.x kernels if you think it would be useful.

If you think it should go to older kernels, I'll gladly take a backport
:)

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out
@ 2017-11-16 18:39   ` Adam Wallis
From: Adam Wallis @ 2017-11-16 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: stable, Timur Tabi

On 11/16/2017 11:36 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:58:00PM -0500, Adam Wallis wrote:
>> a9df21e34b42 ("dmaengine: dmatest: warn user when dma test times out")
>>
>> for 4.14-stable (applies cleanly)
>> for 4.13-stable (applies cleanly)
>>
>> This should be included since it warns the user that the kernel stack memory may
>> have been corrupted due to a fault DMA callback.
>>
>> I could also backport for older 4.x kernels if you think it would be useful.
>
> If you think it should go to older kernels, I'll gladly take a backport
> :)
Sounds good, I will submit that separately