* RFC: nvme-cli: add "nvme monitor" subcommand
@ 2021-01-26 11:41 Martin Wilck
From: Martin Wilck @ 2021-01-26 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbusch, linux-nvme
  Cc: Hannes Reinecke, sagi, james.smart, Steve.Schremmer, marting, hch, johnm

Dear all,

I've been working on a small daemon for monitoring and acting on
NVMe discovery-related events. While pondering over various recent
issues, it occured to me that this might be useful:

Currently it handles only AENs and NVME-FC uevents, but it can be
extended to other protocols in the future.

Following the "publish early" principle, I'm posting this here now.
My test results were positive so far.

I've created a github PR with all the details here, please have a look:

https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli/pull/877

Issues with the CI came up after I submitted this, I'm working on that.

Feedback would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@suse.com>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH

* Re: RFC: nvme-cli: add "nvme monitor" subcommand
@ 2021-01-26 19:23 ` Chaitanya Kulkarni
From: Chaitanya Kulkarni @ 2021-01-26 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Wilck, kbusch, linux-nvme
  Cc: Hannes Reinecke, sagi, james.smart, Steve.Schremmer, marting,
	hch, Matias Bjorling, johnm

On 1/26/21 3:48 AM, Martin Wilck wrote:
> Currently it handles only AENs and NVME-FC uevents, but it can be
> extended to other protocols in the future.
>
> Following the "publish early" principle, I'm posting this here now.
> My test results were positive so far.
>
> I've created a github PR with all the details here, please have a look:
>
> https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli/pull/877
>
> Issues with the CI came up after I submitted this, I'm working on that.

I had this in mind for a while especially with AENs for ZNS and other
device features.

Can you please create a patchset and post it on the mailing list ? also
please CC me.

* Re: RFC: nvme-cli: add "nvme monitor" subcommand
@ 2021-01-26 20:24   ` Martin Wilck
From: Martin Wilck @ 2021-01-26 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbusch, Chaitanya.Kulkarni, linux-nvme
  Cc: Hannes Reinecke, sagi, james.smart, Steve.Schremmer, marting,
	hch, Matias.Bjorling, johnm

On Tue, 2021-01-26 at 19:23 +0000, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> On 1/26/21 3:48 AM, Martin Wilck wrote:
> > Currently it handles only AENs and NVME-FC uevents, but it can be
> > extended to other protocols in the future.
> >
> > Following the "publish early" principle, I'm posting this here now.
> > My test results were positive so far.
> >
> > I've created a github PR with all the details here, please have a
> > look:
> >
> > https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli/pull/877
> >
> > Issues with the CI came up after I submitted this, I'm working on
> > that.
>
> I had this in mind for a while especially with AENs for ZNS and other
> device features.
>
> Can you please create a patchset and post it on the mailing list ?
> also
> please CC me.

Will do. I won't CC everyone on from the cc list of this post though,
I don't want to spam people too much.

Thanks
Martin