* RE: Looking for ipt_connlimit.so
@ 2003-09-25 19:50 Daniel Chemko
From: Daniel Chemko @ 2003-09-25 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Vessey, netfilter

You have to download / rebuild your userspace tools. If you checked out
the CVS root, it is in the userspace directory. Not only do you need a
kernel module, but you also need the userspace extensions to match with
what is on the kernel.

Steps:

Build Kernel w/POM
<same old>

Install Kernel
<same old>

Build iptables (userspace)
# KERNEL_DIR=<justbuiltkernelsourcedir> make; make install
If the build gets b0rked due to some incompatibility between
kernel/userspace extensions, rebuild the kernel without the offending
extension.

Reboot!

Enjoy!

* Re: Looking for ipt_connlimit.so
@ 2003-09-25 21:52 ` Blair Vessey
From: Blair Vessey @ 2003-09-25 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Chemko; +Cc: netfilter

> You have to download / rebuild your userspace tools. If you checked out
> the CVS root, it is in the userspace directory. Not only do you need a
> kernel module, but you also need the userspace extensions to match with
> what is on the kernel.

))BLUSH((

Oh.

Amazing how many places I can look for something without looking in
(what should have been) the bleeding obvious place.

Many thanks!
Blair

* Looking for ipt_connlimit.so
@ 2003-09-25 19:24 Blair Vessey
From: Blair Vessey @ 2003-09-25 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I'm trying to get to the point where I can use the connlimit feature to
limit per-host connections.  I must be missing a step (or several)
because when I try to add a rule that uses the connlimit match, I see
the following message:

iptables v1.2.8: Couldn't load match
`connlimit':/lib/iptables/libipt_connlimit.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I've scanned source trees and such looking for this file or its source,
and have come up empty.  I'm hoping someone could suggest what I need to
try next.

Here's some background on how I got here:
  - Debian woody with a sprinkling of sarge
  - Downloaded kernel-source-2.4.22
  - Did a make oldconfig, and make dep
  - Grabbed patch-o-matic from CVS
  - Use p-o-m to apply base/connlimit.patch
  - Continued with make modules, make bzImage
  - Used Debian make-kpkg utility to produce a kernel package
  - Installed newly minted kernel package on machine in question
  - Rebooted
  - modprobe'd ipt_connlimit

I noticed someone else back in August asking the same question (looking
for ipt_connlimit.so), but didn't see a response.

Thanks for the read,
Blair
Blair Vessey                         VESSEY@UPEI.CA
Systems Manager, University of Prince Edward Island
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 4P3
=-=  Voice: (902) 566-0388 Fax: (902) 566-0958  =-=
"An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure" - Rush