* Merging in linux-stable updates, git send-email
@ 2012-02-10 14:08 Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-02-10 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

Hi,

The update to 3.2.5 for the bone kernel is almost done, but it involves adding ~275 patches. Does it make sense to git-send-email that megapatch for review? The difficulty is rooted in the origin of the TI kernel: linux-omap instead of Linus' tree, so we can't (easily) rebase all the patches on top of 3.2.5, so it's actually 3.2.5 rebased onto TI v3.2-staging and then the extra beaglebone patches added.

Git am -3 takes care of duplicate patches and automerging conflicts but I'd still like to find out what the best way to review this is.

regards,

Koen

* Re: Merging in linux-stable updates, git send-email
@ 2012-02-10 15:05 ` Maupin, Chase
From: Maupin, Chase @ 2012-02-10 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koen Kooi, meta-ti

Koen,

Which recipe are you going to update here?  I assume this is not the linux-ti33x-psp_3.2.bb recipe but something else?

Sincerely,
Chase Maupin
Software Applications
ARM MPU
e-mail: chase.maupin@ti.com
phone: (214) 567-2950

For support:
Forums - http://community.ti.com/forums/
Wiki - http://wiki.davincidsp.com/

@ 2012-02-10 15:15   ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-02-10 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maupin, Chase; +Cc: meta-ti

Op 10 feb. 2012, om 16:05 heeft Maupin, Chase het volgende geschreven:

> Koen,
>
> Which recipe are you going to update here?  I assume this is not the linux-ti33x-psp_3.2.bb recipe but something else?

Exactly that recipe: https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-ti/commit/a77ccb569019bba7cefc72e598504d26a72fa596

regards,

Koen

@ 2012-02-10 16:05     ` Maupin, Chase
From: Maupin, Chase @ 2012-02-10 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koen Kooi; +Cc: meta-ti

So you changed the recipe name to use 3.2.5 for the PV.  But when I set the DISTRO_FEATURES to include tipspkernel I don't get all the patches you added to update to 3.2.5.  So can you maybe do a logic similar to how the patches are handled to set the PV based on whether tipspkernel is set in DISTRO_FEATURES?

@ 2012-02-10 16:15       ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-02-10 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maupin, Chase; +Cc: meta-ti

Op 10 feb. 2012, om 17:05 heeft Maupin, Chase het volgende geschreven:

> So you changed the recipe name to use 3.2.5 for the PV.  But when I set the DISTRO_FEATURES to include tipspkernel I don't get all the patches you added to update to 3.2.5.  So can you maybe do a logic similar to how the patches are handled to set the PV based on whether tipspkernel is set in DISTRO_FEATURES?

I have updated the patch locally to keep PV at 3.2. I can live with PV being "wrong" for the patched kernel till we figure out the python magic. Using gitpkgv would get us around all this, but that's a story for another day :)

regards,

Koen

@ 2012-02-10 16:18         ` Maupin, Chase
From: Maupin, Chase @ 2012-02-10 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
> Op 10 feb. 2012, om 17:05 heeft Maupin, Chase het volgende
> geschreven:
>
> > So you changed the recipe name to use 3.2.5 for the PV.  But when
> I set the DISTRO_FEATURES to include tipspkernel I don't get all
> the patches you added to update to 3.2.5.  So can you maybe do a
> logic similar to how the patches are handled to set the PV based on
> whether tipspkernel is set in DISTRO_FEATURES?
>
> I have updated the patch locally to keep PV at 3.2. I can live with
> PV being "wrong" for the patched kernel till we figure out the
> python magic. Using gitpkgv would get us around all this, but
> that's a story for another day :)

So for this recipe would the following line of code not work?

PV = "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'tipspkernel', "${PV}", "3.2.5", d)}"

Then leave the recipe as linux-ti33x-psp_3.2.bb but your PV should be correct for your kernel right?

@ 2012-02-10 16:27           ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2012-02-10 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maupin, Chase; +Cc: meta-ti

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 04:18:28PM +0000, Maupin, Chase wrote:

> [...]

You'll have a circular resolution in there, basically doing PV = ${PV}

You'd want to use := instead. But anyway, it seems heavy handed for the
purpose...

--
Denys

@ 2012-02-10 16:49             ` Maupin, Chase
From: Maupin, Chase @ 2012-02-10 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 04:18:28PM +0000, Maupin, Chase wrote:

Well, as long as we use the PSP version as the base I'm OK, which is what I think Koen is saying.