* MSR_PLATFORM_INFO register can't be emulated in vmx_msr_read_intercept (xen latest version)
@ 2015-07-09 14:10 Fanhenglong
From: Fanhenglong @ 2015-07-09 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel
  Cc: Jan Beulich, Jinjian (Ken), Huangpeng (Peter),
	Yanqiangjun, Hanweidong (Randy)

Xen latest new version, CPU: ivybridge.

SiSoftware Sandra software fails to run on a windows vm, the guest print BSOD 3B,

after debug I found the problem  in function vmx_msr_read_intercept

windows vm first read from 0xce register and then read 0x620 caused gp_fault by the follow steps:
vmx_msr_read_intercept
->rdmsr_safe()

0xce is MSR_PLATFORM_INFO refered to "Intel(r) 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual"
MSR_PLATFORM_INFO can't be emulated in xen,

so can anyone give me some advice to solve the problem ad make SiSoftware Sandra software work well.

Thanks

Henglong Fan