* [Bluez-users] modprobe snd-bt-sco
@ 2007-02-22  8:01 Asma Tebessi
From: Asma Tebessi @ 2007-02-22  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi all,

I've installed the latest versions of bluez 'bluez-utils-3.9, bluez-libs-3.9, bluez-hcidump-1.33 and bluez-firmware-1.2' under Mandriva 2006 and I can establish a connection between my pc and my nokia N70. I want to have the handsfree option available so I add it with : sdptool add --channel=2 HF (the channel for handsfree on N70 is the number 1) and the test seems to work since I had an icon on my nokia when I launch :
 rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:16:4E:D9:20:98 2
The connection lasts only few secondes then terminate. So I make : rfcomm listen /dev/rfcomm0  2 and try to call the nokia N70 from another phone. The N7O contact the pc via bluetooth and I enter the PIN in both sides and the connection is done but when I hangup the sound doesn't came from the pc's headspeaker but from N70's one.
I thought I need to install the bluetooth-alsa to make it work. So I do, I installed btsco-0.5, plugz and sbc and I've got no errors. I followed the instructions within this document "http://www.linux.ie/articles/bluetoothheadset.php" but when I made modprobe snd-bt-sco I got :

[root@localhost confhandsfree]# modprobe snd-bt-sco
FATAL: Module snd-bt-sco not found.

I dont understand how to make it work since I got no errors while compiling the btsco and processing the
"cd kernel - make - make install - depmod -e - make clean"

Otherwise, I tried to connect my bluetooth dongle 'belkin' and I got :

[root@localhost confhandsfree]# btsco 00:0A:3A:50:27:84   2
Error: hwdep next device (hw:0): Operation not permitted
Error: control open (hw:1): No such device
Error: Can't find device. Bail

I hope that you'll help me I need to make this work as soon as possible and I'm lost :(

Thanks a lot.

* Re: [Bluez-users] modprobe snd-bt-sco
@ 2007-02-22  9:20 ` Paulo Gonçalves
From: Paulo Gonçalves @ 2007-02-22  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)