* GSoC 2014 CPUID Programming for Humans
@ 2014-03-17 12:37 vasil
From: vasil @ 2014-03-17 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andres Lagar-Cavilla; +Cc: xen-devel

Hello,
My name is Vasil Vasilev, I would like to apply for this year's GSoC 2014
for the project "CPUID Programming for Humans".
I think I will be able to handle with this project, because I have pretty
good experience with the XEN APIs ( from the old days xenapi that was on
Python with C bindings with some libxc to newer libxl and libvirt).
I'm using libxl since it's beta versions and had to make some
modifications to fit my needs, so I think that I'm some kind familiar with
the source code,
and some of the initial researching work is already done.
Contributing source for Xen is like a dream.
During the summer I will not be actively involved with the university and
I will have enough time to work on the project.
A little more about me:
Currently I'm studying Architecture in New Bulgarian University, prior I
studied in National High-School of Mathematics and Physics in Bulgaria.
I'm working part-time in a hosting company in Bulgaria ( webconnect.bg ),
here I'm responsible for managing the Xen Virtual Machines and our web
based panel for virtualization.
I was also responsible to migrate all the software that we are using from
the old xenapi to newer libxl to work with latest versions of the open
source Xen.
I have more than 5 years in C programming experience mainly with writing
client-server network applications.
I have learned many communication protocols and used to with lots of APIs.
Also in my everyday work experience I have learned to read and modify many
C code to fit my needs.
I have also experience with many other languages like Python,Bash
Script,Java that are not related with the project.
Any comments, recommendations or questions are welcome
Regards,
Nikola Nikov