* Re: Any way to emulate hppa? Was: gforth FTBFS on hppa
       [not found] <20090907133658.GA1267@straylight.m.ringlet.net>
@ 2009-09-07 15:08 ` Carlos O'Donell
       [not found] ` <119aab440909070808w3eaa1a93s3d61a0cea1bfcbcb@mail.gmail.com>
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2009-09-07 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Pentchev; +Cc: debian-hppa, linux-parisc, Thibaut VARENE

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Peter Pentchev<roam@ringlet.net> wrote:
> Now, a package of mine, gforth, has been exhibiting a weird FTBFS on
> the hppa architecture; it breaks in the GNU configure stage, trying to
> compile a series of programs that do a binary search to determine
> sizeof(char *).

Peter,

I'm a debian-hppa porter, do you have a test case along with a clear
description of the problem?

There are hppa developers who can give you access to an hppa machine
for testing.

Thibaut, do you have an hppa machine for Peter to run some tests on?

Cheers,
Carlos.

@ 2009-09-07 16:55   ` Thibaut VARENE
From: Thibaut VARENE @ 2009-09-07 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: Peter Pentchev, debian-hppa, linux-parisc

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Carlos O'Donell<carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:

> There are hppa developers who can give you access to an hppa machine
> for testing.
>
> Thibaut, do you have an hppa machine for Peter to run some tests on?

If it's still necessary after Frans' offer, I do ;-)
requirements for access are listed here:
http://www.fr.parisc-linux.org/cluster.html section ESIEE Test Ring.

HTH

--
Thibaut VARENE