* Re: Missing Ubuntu tools on KernelBuild page
       [not found] <mailman.1.1685808002.4605.kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org>
@ 2023-06-03 22:00 ` Alan Perry
From: Alan Perry @ 2023-06-03 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I found two more tools needed to build with the Ubuntu 20.04 config,
dwarves and zstd.

alan

@ 2023-06-03 15:58 Alan Perry
From: Alan Perry @ 2023-06-03 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

I am trying out the kernel building instructions in
https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild with Ubuntu 20.04 and found
missing/incomplete info. I would fix it myself but I only just got here
and don't have access to do so.

With regards to the "What tools do I need?" section, on Ubuntu, I found
that I also needed to install flex, bison, and libefi-dev.

Also, setting up the kernel configuration by duplicating my current
config, there were broken paths to key files in the "Certificates for
signature checking" section. Getting around that involves obtaining the
files by installing linux-source and changing the paths to point to the
appropriate files there.

As I said, I am willing to make the changes to the wiki if given access
to do so, but, if not, I hope that someone with access can make the changes.

alan