* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv route selection parameters
@ 2017-04-20 14:10 Harms, Hannes
From: Harms, Hannes @ 2017-04-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi community,

consider the following wireless network:

A <-- 60Mbit --> B <-- 60Mbit --> C
A < ----------5Mbit-------------------> C

Node A can talk to Node C via Node B
Node A can talk to C directly, but with a significant lower throughput.
All links have a  relative low package loss.

I run into the problem that batman-adv sometimes routes traffic directly
from Node A to C.
with gives me 5 Mbit throughput, and sometimes route A-B-C is chosen,
resulting in 25 Mbit throughput.

I have adjusted the originator interval to 200 ms, and the hop penalty
to 1 without significant improvements.

Are the other ways to force batman-adv to chose route A-B-C ?

Thanks,
Hannes

--
Dipl.-Ing. Hannes Harms
Technische Universität Braunschweig

Durchwahl: +49 (0)531 391-7197
E-Mail:  hannes.harms@tu-braunschweig.de
http://www.tu-braunschweig.de/imn

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv route selection parameters
@ 2017-04-20 18:04 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2017-04-20 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n