* git gui produces series of commits with exactly the same time
@ 2016-06-29  8:12 Andrei Faber
From: Andrei Faber @ 2016-06-29  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that git history contains series of commits with exactly
the same time, despite the real commit time of these commits was
different. All these commit were made using the git gui tool. I'm the
only developer in this project.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

(I'm currently using Git 2.9.0 x64 under Windows.)

--
Best wishes,
Andrei Faber

* Re: git gui produces series of commits with exactly the same time
@ 2016-06-29 11:45 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2016-06-29 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrei Faber; +Cc: git

Hi Andrei,

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016, Andrei Faber wrote:

> I've noticed that git history contains series of commits with exactly
> the same time, despite the real commit time of these commits was
> different. All these commit were made using the git gui tool. I'm the
> only developer in this project.

Is it possible that you played games with your GIT_AUTHOR_DATE environment
variable?

Ciao,
Johannes

* Re: git gui produces series of commits with exactly the same time
@ 2016-06-29 11:51   ` Andrei Faber
From: Andrei Faber @ 2016-06-29 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git

Hi Johannes,

No.

Another thing I've found is that these commits have different timestamp
in the "Author" and "Committer" lines. The "Committer" lines have
correct timestamps, and the "Author" timestamp is wrong.

Best wishes,
Andrei Faber

@ 2016-06-30  5:59   ` Andrei Faber
From: Andrei Faber @ 2016-06-30  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi everyone,

I've found one case when this bug happens.

1. Create a commit

2. Amend it

3. Create several new commits

All the new commits have the same "Author" timestamp until the git gui
is restarted.

Can anyone reproduce this?