* nftables NAT & Gaming Consoles
@ 2020-05-10 21:19 Mike Dillinger
From: Mike Dillinger @ 2020-05-10 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello,

I tried to research this on the Internet, even using iptables, and I couldn't find anything conclusive so I thought I'd ask here.  There are conflicting reports regarding if this will work or not.

We have recently acquired a second Xbox and they will need to co-exist behind our nftables firewall.  We have an IPv4 setup on both sides (ISP/WAN, LAN) using NAT.  If both consoles are up and running at the same time, we need a way for NAT'd traffic to be routed to the proper console.

If I were to take a guess, I'm going to assume I need to mark packets using the nftables meta command, but I'm not sure.  I am assuming a generic NAT setup will not work for both consoles.

If I could get a starter example, I think I can take it from there. I can even take a working iptables example and migrate it to nftables using iptables-translate.

Thanks a lot!
-MikeD