* Need help for arm64
@ 2016-12-14  9:42 He Zhe
From: He Zhe @ 2016-12-14  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geoff, kexec; +Cc: Yang Shi

Hi,

I notice the function below in kexec/arch/arm64/crashdump-arm64.c. It looks it always causes "kexec -p" to return:
"Memory for crashkernel is not reserved
Please reserve memory by passing"crashkernel=X@Y" parameter to kernel
Then try to loading kdump kernel"

int is_crashkernel_mem_reserved(void)
{
        return 0;
}

Do we have plan to implement this?
Do we have workaround for arm64?

Thanks,
Zhe

* Re: Need help for arm64
@ 2016-12-14 13:37 ` Maxim Uvarov
From: Maxim Uvarov @ 2016-12-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: He Zhe; +Cc: geoff, Yang Shi, kexec

which kexec-tools and which kernel are you using?

Maxim.

> I notice the function below in kexec/arch/arm64/crashdump-arm64.c. It looks it always causes "kexec -p" to return:
> "Memory for crashkernel is not reserved
> Please reserve memory by passing"crashkernel=X@Y" parameter to kernel
> Then try to loading kdump kernel"
>
> int is_crashkernel_mem_reserved(void)
> {
>         return 0;
> }
>
> Do we have plan to implement this?
> Do we have workaround for arm64?
>
> Thanks,
> Zhe

Best regards,
Maxim Uvarov

* Re: Need help for arm64
@ 2016-12-14 17:20 ` Geoff Levand
From: Geoff Levand @ 2016-12-14 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: He Zhe, kexec; +Cc: Yang Shi

Hi,

On 12/14/2016 01:42 AM, He Zhe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice the function below in kexec/arch/arm64/crashdump-arm64.c. It looks it always causes "kexec -p" to return:
> "Memory for crashkernel is not reserved
>
> Do we have plan to implement this?
> Do we have workaround for arm64?

kexec does not yet support kdump.  Patches for it are in
review.  Check the kexec ML.

-Geoff