* gpiolib: irq functions not implemented on x86
       [not found] <1226966206.2731269545548579.JavaMail.root@mail.savoirfairelinux.com>
@ 2010-03-25 19:36 ` Jérôme Oufella
From: Jérôme Oufella @ 2010-03-25 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Buesch; +Cc: linux-kernel, platform-driver-x86

Hi,

I wrote a gpiolib implementation for Technologic Systems TS-5500 boards (x86)
custom GPIO lines. Some of their GPIO lines are directly hooked to CPU (ElanSC520)
GPIRQ lines, so they can trigger IRQs.

However, looking at arch/x86/include/asm/gpio.h:
/*
 * Not implemented, yet.
 */
static inline int gpio_to_irq(unsigned int gpio)
{
        return -ENOSYS;
}

gpio_to_irq()/irq_to_gpio() are not defined on x86 yet.

Q: Is there a reason not to have it call gpiolib's __gpio_to_irq(), as done
for other gpiolib functions defined here ? such as

-       return -ENOSYS;
+       return __gpio_to_irq(gpio);

Thanks
Jerome Oufella

* Re: gpiolib: irq functions not implemented on x86
@ 2010-03-25 22:11   ` Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2010-03-25 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérôme Oufella; +Cc: linux-kernel, platform-driver-x86

Are you sure that I am the intended recipient of this mail?

I'm not involved in the GPIO subsystem at all.

--
Greetings, Michael.

* Re: gpiolib: irq functions not implemented on x86
@ 2010-03-26 17:51     ` Jerome Oufella
From: Jerome Oufella @ 2010-03-26 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner, Ingo Molnar, H. Peter Anvin, Matthew Garrett
  Cc: linux-kernel, platform-driver-x86, Michael Buesch

----- "Michael Buesch" <mb@bu3sch.de> wrote :

> Are you sure that I am the intended recipient of this mail?
> I'm not involved in the GPIO subsystem at all.

Sorry Michael, I wrote to you as the original author for the questioned code.
So being unable to find anyone in charge of the GPIO subsystem,
I'm reiterating with the x86 team.

Regards,
Jerome