* [Buildroot] How can I force re-compile of a local package with a single command?
       [not found] <192375957.216176.1401896733024.JavaMail.root@mail>
@ 2014-06-04 17:54 ` Émeric Vigier
From: Émeric Vigier @ 2014-06-04 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Makers,

I added a package to buildroot which has a lot of
warnings at compile time. I am currently fixing
these warnings. But I am annoyed that
<package>-rebuild does not force recompilation of
source files (that have not changed). I mean some
files have warnings but still compile. Worth to
mention that my package is local, i.e. buildroot
rsyncs my sources, no tarball in dl/.

I need a way to force recompiling them to check
and fix those warnings. So far I do:

 $ make <package>-dirclean
 $ make <package>

By intuition, I would have thought that:

 $ make <package>-rebuild
 $ make <package>-reconfigure

would do the job, but they don't. IMHO, for local
packages, this is counterintuitive. The thing is,
one might _want_ to recompile an object eventhough
the source has not changed. This is my case here.

Is there a single command I can issue to rebuild
_and_ force recompilation of my local package?

thanks,
Emeric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-06-04 17:54 UTC | newest]