* Does arptables support adding new extensions dinamically like iptables does?
       [not found] <6d5911260a4d58c9a66062858405a03a@roobre.es>
@ 2015-06-13  0:55 ` Roberto Santalla Fdez.
From: Roberto Santalla Fdez. @ 2015-06-13  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello,

I'm currently introducing myself into kernel development, and I decided
to give building an xtables module a try. I'm trying to write a very
simple arptable modules which checks whether an ARP requests comes from
a given IP.

I've built the kernel module and the userspace library, but arptables
seems to ignore it (module's name is arpway):

     [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables -F
     [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables -A INPUT -m arpway -j ACCEPT
     [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables-save
     *filter
     :INPUT ACCEPT
     :OUTPUT ACCEPT
     :FORWARD ACCEPT
     -A INPUT -j ACCEPT

also, `arptables -m arpway -h` does not print my module's help text.

Just to check, if I change the module's scope to ipv4 (setting
`xtables_match.family` to `NFPROTO_IPV4`), module's help is successfully
printed with `iptables -m arpway -h`, and adding the rule and then
printing it works.

Needless to say, module is successfully complied and `insmod`'ed, and
userspace library is placed in `/usr/lib/iptables/libxt_arpway.so`.

Am I doing something wrong, or does arptables not support dynamic
extensions/modules like iptables does?

Regards and thanks in advance, Roberto.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-13  0:55 UTC | newest]